• MIG_9343_c_1024.jpg
    MIG_9343_c_1024.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2
  • MIG_9354_cr_900.jpg
    MIG_9354_cr_900.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 2
>>Mine is in the shop right now.<<

Welcome, Ken K!

I need to get my SP into the shop. My 9-year-old daughter knocked it down the stairs, and the slow speeds stopped working. I've still got my S3, S3-2000 and an S2, so I've been biding my time.

"Showing off" one's Nikon RF

"Showing off" one's Nikon RF

I see some real pretty cameras. They look so brand-new, I wonder if anyone has ever used them to take pictures. ;) Here's a few combos to consider.

The first is a synched Nikon M/S from January 1951 with correct hood and Nikon series 7 filter in hood holder with hood case.

The second is a Nikon SP all ready for some available darkness photography circa 1958 with BC-5 attachment and angle bracket and a 35mm f1.8 Nikkor.

The last picture shows a Nikon S2 with the earliest version of the 3.5cm f2.5 W-Nikkor (no click stops) with correct snap-on hood with original box, filter and case. Finder is later model bright-frame type.

Enjoy. WES

Attachments

• NikonM for forum.jpg
    NikonM for forum.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 2
  • SP&flash for forum.jpg
    SP&flash for forum.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 2
  • S2&35#3 for forum.jpg
    S2&35#3 for forum.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 2
So you want to take your Nikon RF on an outing?

So you want to take your Nikon RF on an outing?

Two more Nikon RF pictures to show the extremes we sometimes go to. ;)

The first is a Nikon SP outfitted for a more challenging task. Yes, the tiltall will hold the 50cm Nikkor steady—barely.
Second shot was taken with 50cm of the distant hill you can just make out at the top left corner of first picture. Note the vignetting. This is caused by the small throat of the camera mount, not the lens-which easily covers 2 1/4 format. This lens does not vignette on a Nikon F with N-F adaptor either. You sould have seen the pictures this lens took when I first got it. Fungus on all glass surfaces! I cleaned them up and the contrast is back. Not sure about the resolution. Anyway, enjoy. WES

Attachments

• 50cmNikkor for forum.jpg
    50cmNikkor for forum.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Scoops for forum.jpg
    Scoops for forum.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1
wes loder said:
The last picture shows a Nikon S2 with the earliest version of the 3.5cm f2.5 W-Nikkor (no click stops) with correct snap-on hood with original box, filter and case. Finder is later model bright-frame type.

Enjoy. WES
attachment.php

Is this a trick question? this looks awfully close to a Nikon M.

Kiu

You are correct. I forgot to take a close look atthe picture before posting. Yup. It's a Nikon M/S. WES

Try this picture instead.

Try this picture instead.

Looks like I slipped in the wrong image. Sorry. WES

Attachments

• S2 for forum.jpg
    S2 for forum.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1
Here's my "new" baby with some of it's new accessories...a 35/2.5 and finder are also on the way from Mr. Gandy.

The squeak in the focus wheel is almost completely gone now...:)

...a test shot from the S2, taken on a walk around Falls Church, while waiting for my Old Camera Go-to guy to get back to Dominion Camera from his dinner break...I had to show it off to somebody...:eek:

420736401_1ee1062ed8_o.jpg

a link to some more...a few shots are taken at Manassas Junction...all these were taken with me guessing the exposure, I've never shot without a light meter before...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/high_green_and_clear/sets/72157600003812078/

and some of my other RF's , who are feeling quite lonely right now :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/high_green_and_clear/sets/72157600006646869/

Could some kind soul tell me how to use the thumbnail attachment feature?

I tried for an hour to get it to work :confused: ...tried loading both from a URL and by browsing my computer, the file szes and tags seemed to be correct...it would show an upload, seemed to be only allowing only one upoad, and when I'd preview the post nothing would show....:bang:

Last edited:
Nice shots.

To attach a thumbnail, click on the "post reply" button instead of using "quick reply." Or you click on "Go Advanced" while using the Quick Reply.

Then scroll down a bit, and you'll see a button saying "manage attachments" -- this will open a dialogue box allowing you to attach a file. I think the image can't be any larger that 800 pixels in the long dimension.

VinceC said:
Nice shots.

To attach a thumbnail, click on the "post reply" button instead of using "quick reply." Or you click on "Go Advanced" while using the Quick Reply.

Then scroll down a bit, and you'll see a button saying "manage attachments" -- this will open a dialogue box allowing you to attach a file. I think the image can't be any larger that 800 pixels in the long dimension.

Thanks Vince.

Attachments

• 346225035_e54ac2c037_o.jpg
    346225035_e54ac2c037_o.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 420735224_7ad001d185_o.jpg
    420735224_7ad001d185_o.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 409317505_7cde96cd4f_o.jpg
    409317505_7cde96cd4f_o.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Glad you figured it out...seems like the Nikon RF user crowd is becoming stronger and stronger in the greater Washington DC mertopolitan area :)

How about a get-together?

Kiu

NIKON KIU said:
Glad you figured it out...seems like the Nikon RF user crowd is becoming stronger and stronger in the greater Washington DC mertopolitan area :)

How about a get-together?

Kiu

Absolutely....I'm self employed so I have to do a tiny bit of advanced planning, but with the days getting longer that gets easier. I'll PM you...

Rob Skeoch said:
Does anyone have a manual for the S3... I just recieved my camera but wouldn't mind knowing how to use it.

-Rob

Try the Butkus site here. They've got a large amount of manuals as downloadable .pdfs.

The window in front of the shutter speed dial should say "FX" with the X in red. If you lift up on the outer chrome ring surrounding the shutter speed dial, you can change from FX to four different flashbulb settings.

...Joe --- clearly you need to send your Luna Pro case to a leather restorer and have it dyed red... black just won't due...

luna LUX meter fred.

and the case is in the box will my other cases, the meter meets the world case-less.

Sorry I'm late for this thread :)

My S2 and lenses, Here it goes ~
(Actually, biogon 21/4.5 is not mine anymore, I sold it last year, it was a really nice lense :()

attachment.php

Nikon S2 with Biogon 21mm/4.5

attachment.php

Nikon S2 with 3.5cm/1.8 2005

attachment.php

Nikkor 5cm/1.4, Nikkor 3.5cm/1.8

Attachments

• DSC_2439.jpg
    DSC_2439.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 2
  • D2X_3870.jpg
    D2X_3870.jpg