Show us a recent one from your favorite TLR

Dourbalistar, I like your landscape photos taken with your Rolleicord.

I think you posted once that you don't have any filters for that camera. Why is that?

TLRs are great cameras for filters, as you don't have to look through the filter to compose and focus the image, and filters make great enhancements to B&W photos, especially those of landscapes. Also, Bay-1 filters are easily obtained and they cost very little.

I especially like Bay-1 TLRs and I have a whole bunch of filters for them (even extra UV filters to protect the viewing lenses)!

- Murray

Dourbalistar, I like your landscape photos taken with your Rolleicord.

I think you posted once that you don't have any filters for that camera. Why is that?

TLRs are great cameras for filters, as you don't have to look through the filter to compose and focus the image, and filters make great enhancements to B&W photos, especially those of landscapes. Also, Bay-1 filters are easily obtained and they cost very little.

I especially like Bay-1 TLRs and I have a whole bunch of filters for them (even extra UV filters to protect the viewing lenses)!

- Murray
Thank you for the kind words, @CMur12! You're right that I don't have any filters for my Rolleicord. There isn't any good reason other than I haven't bought any... yet. I do have a Rolleinar 1 which I haven't used in quite a while. I don't generally use filters in my photography, but when I do, it's usually to make trichrome images. :cool:

Thank you for the kind words, @CMur12! You're right that I don't have any filters for my Rolleicord. There isn't any good reason other than I haven't bought any... yet. I do have a Rolleinar 1 which I haven't used in quite a while. I don't generally use filters in my photography, but when I do, it's usually to make trichrome images. :cool:

I've seen your trichrome images. They are amazing, not to mention that they are a unique contribution to a forum such as this.

I have a couple Rolleinar 2 sets, one with the separable prism for the viewing lens and one without. I actually tried stacking them on my Minolta Autocord and using the Paradjuster to correct for parallax. The results were a lot better than I had expected. Nevertheless, for close-up photos, I would be more inclined to use my Mamiya C330f.

I would encourage you to try a Bay-1 filter or two. If you're hand-holding the camera, you do lose effective film speed. If firing from a tripod, it's less of a problem. I really like using TLRs on a tripod, so I don't need as much film speed.

- Murray

I've seen your trichrome images. They are amazing, not to mention that they are a unique contribution to a forum such as this.

I have a couple Rolleinar 2 sets, one with the separable prism for the viewing lens and one without. I actually tried stacking them on my Minolta Autocord and using the Paradjuster to correct for parallax. The results were a lot better than I had expected. Nevertheless, for close-up photos, I would be more inclined to use my Mamiya C330f.

I would encourage you to try a Bay-1 filter or two. If you're hand-holding the camera, you do lose effective film speed. If firing from a tripod, it's less of a problem. I really like using TLRs on a tripod, so I don't need as much film speed.

- Murray
Much appreciated, @CMur12! I went through a GAS phase and now I'm trying to keep things simple, but I'll definitely keep the suggestion in mind. I do shoot a mix of hand held and on-tripod. This one was hand held.

Rolleicord V, Kodak 400TX (expired 2018), developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 6 minutes.

2022.11.18 Roll #322-07693-Pano-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Famous Last words........ :)
I thought I went through the gas phase too, but the Leica Q2 keeps calling my name.
Haha, I know, dangerous words to utter but so far, I've stayed strong. My last camera gear purchase was in early 2022. On a whim, I bought a RETO Ultra Wide & Slim. At $29.99, most people would consider it more of a toy camera than a serious GAS purchase. Fun for carefree shooting and I've had surprisingly good results.

Rolleiflex 2.8C
U38373.1690765820.0.jpg
Love the blue colours!

Love the light here and the bent burglar bars. Is it possible to post a scan of the print, I would like to see more of this?
Thank you very much. It was a difficult scene to meter. Unfortunately I do not own a scanner. I am forced to use my phone to take images of darkroom prints which is not ideal.

Back