Show us your recent Panoramic photos!

A few I constructed after a trip to Switzerland. These were both taken with a cellphone (about 8-12 images each) and then stitched together.
med_U68270.1688310010.2.jpg

med_U68270.1688310010.0.jpg

And another, made in NYC of the building formerly known as the ATT Longlines Building, similar technique, though this one is partially incomplete as I decided the perspective correction wasn’t worth the work, it’s still a pretty striking image Though, in my opinion:
med_U68270.1688310010.1.jpg

Yes! Was there yesterday. I shot a couple of rolls of Ektar in a Kraken 612 but haven't processed that yet. Little different angle...

53028222604_3bc4b988d8_k.jpg

Yes! Was there yesterday. I shot a couple of rolls of Ektar in a Kraken 612 but haven't processed that yet. Little different angle...

53028222604_3bc4b988d8_k.jpg
I am so envious! For decades, BI was my quick getaway. It was a 15-minute bike ride to the Point Judith ferry, and a day on one of the most beautiful places on Earth. In the 70's and early 80's, the island was nearly deserted, and one could go virtually anywhere. In the middle distance of your photo is Black Rock Beach, a.k.a. "Hippy Beach", where all were welcome to dispense with bathing suits... such was the vibe back then! Now it's multi-million-dollar summer homes for wealthy New Yorkers, and a plague of day-trippers on scooters. Nevertheless, still a magical place. It's been thirteen years since I was last there. You've made me terribly homesick!

I've lived in this area for 40+ years and that was my first trip to BI. We headed out from Point Judith. Was a very beautiful place but definitely a very tourist heavy location.

BTW, Black Rock Beach apparently hasn't changed... had to do a U turn with my kids and nieces and nephews.

Next time I'm bringing a tripod and a strong ND filter.

I've lived in this area for 40+ years and that was my first trip to BI. We headed out from Point Judith. Was a very beautiful place but definitely a very tourist heavy location.

BTW, Black Rock Beach apparently hasn't changed... had to do a U turn with my kids and nieces and nephews.

Next time I'm bringing a tripod and a strong ND filter.
Good to know that the Hippy Beach traditions survive! The most important accessory for BI? A night's lodging at a cheap hotel. The island is a different place after the last ferry leaves, and before the first ferry arrives the next morning. The ocean's soft evening's light, "entre chien et loupe", will give you the most exquisite color or B&W images you can imagine. And with the day trippers gone, the peacefulness is unmatched. And this is true of most tourist destinations, in my experience.

Just started using the in-camera XPan. This is a test shot. I like the cinematic effect implied by the format. With a vintage Sonnar it should be complete.

B0001287rff.JPG

Back