Show your photos from a vintage folder

Agfa Recorder III - Fujichrome 400

TarForkRd_Kentucky.jpg

Thank you for sharing the photos with the Apotar, Johnny!
This lens and Ektar100 is a interesting combination.
To me, the colours look almost natural.

And nice to see that the lens from your Record III has found a new home.

Thank you Thomas :) . I had seen the Apotar praised, and can see for myself that it is a fine lens. If/when I can get its own shutter complete, then it can 'go back home' to the Record :angel: .

Thank you Thomas :) . I had seen the Apotar praised, and can see for myself that it is a fine lens...

All the mid-range triplets are very good at f/8-f/11. (These look like they've gotten some extra sharpening in post?)

BTW: That's an R2600 (= B-25).

-Charlie

All the mid-range triplets are very good at f/8-f/11. (These look like they've gotten some extra sharpening in post?) ...
Yes, in fact that batch were mostly at f/11, some f/8 . As far as sharpening goes, they look much the same to me as received from the process lab. BTW, if anybody wants to propose any specific three-glass triplet(s) as being in a 'higher range' than the likes of the Apotar, I would be interested to learn. FWIW my own experience has also been good with Ensign's Ensar, Kershaw's Otar, Voigtlander's Helomar, and the Novar on the Super Ikonta III, which spring to mind :) .

My experiences with the Apotar (105 mm f/4.5) and Novar Anastigmat (75 mm f/3.5) are also good - I try to use them at f/11 to f/22 if possible.

Back