Six New CV 28mm f2.8 aspherical Lenses, M & LTM !

WJJ3

Well-known
Local time
5:45 AM
Well it's only just been released. It's not even on the Camera Quest page. All the discussion on Fred Mirandas page if from this morning.......

What! That's incredible.

On one hand, I guess my original 28/3.5 Color Skopar is going to go down in value. On the other... an extra stop of speed AND brand new production, with hopefully no (eventual/long-term) haze issues? Sign me up.

For anyone wanting a modern, tiny 28 this is fantastic news. I'm sure it will blow away the old 28/2.8 M-Rokkor which has been plagued with white dot syndrome, and this pretty much ends any interest in the 28/5.6 TTartisan...

I am really put off by odd filter sizes. Just make that brass lens with a 39mm filter size dammit! The non retro looking one has better ergonomics anyway.

These 30 years I have used and sold many systems and formats. What get left behind are boxes and boxes of orphaned filters. :)

Awesome. The VM type 2 looks cool with the minimal look. But since I have the 40ltm it'd probably best to keep to traditional styling of the ltm variant.
Haa the optical formula changed from older skopars?

Back