Sneaky (cat!)

P2030005.jpg

P2030008.jpg

P2030007.jpg

Sneaky is NOT happy with the disgusting slop that his human slaves try to feed him. He doesn't even like the Temptations treats I added to it! Last week, I got him some of those squeeze-up treats that are a meat paste in a plastic tube. He went nuts for them. Yesterday, he refused to eat until I had added temptations treats, some meat, and TWO tubes of the squeeze-up stuff to his food. Then he ate it all. Greedy + Manipulative!

I'm grilling steaks and chicken tenders tonight, so he will be happy later. He ate the last of the meat I had in the fridge for him yesterday. 🥩

I read a story years ago that, in greatly distilled form, was something like this:

God created man and man became lonely. So, God created dog to keep man company. Dog's name was God backwards, lest man forget the source of this gift. And dog thought man was wonderful and man waxed proud.

So God created cat, who wasn't impressed with man, and man was humbled.

I wish I could find the whole original story, as it was quite a bit better.

- Murray

P3040031.jpg

P3040020.jpg

Sneaky spends a lot of time sitting in front of the deck behind the house where the manager of the trailer park across the road from my house lives. He had originally belonged to some people who lived in the trailer park; they put him out and quit feeding him before I took him in. He still likes to go over there because he considers the trailer park to be part of his territory.

I went over there this afternoon because he has been outside since 1am, and I saw him walking around in the trailer park. I was going to bring him home to feed him. He didn't want to come; instead he went on the trailer park manager's deck and started eating dry food from the bowl she puts out to feed strays! I know Sneaky still hits up several of these free food bowls around the neighborhood, despite being VERY well fed at my house. He REFUSES to eat dry food here, but will steal it from the truly hungry strays who need it.

P3090021.jpg

P3090027.jpg

I've been sick with an upset stomach the last couple says. Sneaky's been sleeping next to me the whole time. I was sitting on the sofa last night and he was curled up on his back, all twisted up, surrounded by a giant corn snake! I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple of photos before he moved.

I hope you're feeling better now, Chris. It's warming to hear that Sneaky stayed close to you during that time.

- Murray

I'm still sick, but so far have not vomited today, so that's a good sign. Hope it stays that way.

Yeah, Sneaky followed me everywhere. When I was in bed, he slept with me. When I was sitting on the sofa, he curled up next to me. When I went to my computer, he slept under it by my feet. He's eating now. He even moderated his usual greed and has been eating less often so he could be with me longer.

Chris, I was wondering if you've ever quietly laid a cucumber next to him and then made him aware of it to see what he does? Apparently most cats jump nearly as high as the ceiling.

P1050008.jpg

Sneaky just came inside and demanded food. I gave him a can of food and he sat and looked at it with his usual look of disgust. I couldn't give him his treats to 'season' the food right away because I started taking out the trash after giving him the cat food. I had to wash my hands before I could get out the treats.

He got mad about the wait, and when I was washing my hands, he walked to the food and stood over the plate, making 'burying' motions with his front paws, like the food was
💩
💩
that needed to be symbolically buried in the litterbox. Then he sat on the counter and stared at me.

After he got his treats, he ate the food that he had just denounced as
💩

P3140009.jpg

P3140015.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, Sneaky was stretched out on the sofa, sleeping on his back and taking up maximum space, as usual, while my son was trying to work.

Sneaky was holding onto our stuffed toy opossum; he loves to sleep with it. The funny thing is that Sneaky LOATHES real opossums and attacks them on sight. Opossums never come around anymore because they're all afraid of him. He killed a young one last fall! But he likes to sleep with the toy opossum. It looks scared, too!

WIN_20210123_02_26_19_Pro.jpg

Sneaky was being so sweet last night. I was sitting on the sofa, and normally he cuddles up next to me and sleeps. Last night, he laid on me with his head up on my shoulder and slept while purring for over an hour.

I wish I could have gotten a picture, but my son was sleeping and my camera was on the other side of the room, and I couldn't get up to get it! So, here's an old pic of him sleeping on me in the same way. Looked just like this.

Early this morning, Snaky went outside. An hour or so later, I hear Sneaky outside scratching at the door. I let him in and see a dead mouse on my doorstep! Second mouse this year. Last year, he only killed two mice all year.

I think my cat was just trying to murder a small dog or maybe another opossum (he killed a young one last year). I was in my house when I heard loud screaming outside a little bit ago. I went out and the sound was coming from down the road a few houses from mine. It was that loud! I walked down there and it stopped, then Sneaky appeared and started rubbing my legs. Before the sound stopped, I heard cat hissing and screeching, and growling and whimpering that sounded like another animal.

Back