So, who's happy with the X-Pro1?

I am happy with mine as well. I have the 35 and also the hand grip. I really like the handling with the accessary grip. I am waiting for ups today --> the 28 :)

Gary

I really like mine -- not much of a stretch to learn coming from the X100. The lenses seem like nice performers. Use the OVF in power save mode mostly. It makes nice JPEGS also. Nice to see a positive thread about a really nice camera.
Cheers,
Jim

I am very very very happy with mine as well and am confident most interested rangefinder users will be very happy with this camera.

1. Awesome high ISO performance
  2. The 35/1.4 is an amazing lens at $600.
  3. Out of camera jpegs are fantastic
  4. Lightweight
  5. Hybrid viewfinder
  6. OVF has a magnifier which makes framing the 18 and the 35 equally good.
  7. Reasonable price (considering cost of used M8 $2200)
  8. Video capabilities. Not my primary use, but its nice to have.
  9. Can AF focus faster that I could manually on my Leica.
  10. Framing longer lenses is easier given the EVF is full size

If you put all the variables together: image quality, lens quality, ease of use, price, weight, etc, I would put the X Pro 1 up against any camera.

Bottom line: no better digital camera for the money.

I enjoy my X-Pro1 very much. Great IQ, terrific low light sensitivity, and I am also happy with the AF. I may not use my M8 again. My micro four thirds equipment is also beginning to gather dust.

I am extremely happy with mine! Still waiting for the 18 and 60mm to be delivered, but that aside...
I like it very much, haven´t been as happy with a camera since my father´s Voigtländer Vito B (small, original model) died from shutter failure after more than 20 years, in 1977. :)

Loving mine so far, I have the 35 and the 18, use the 18 more, even tho the 35 is the better lens.
Im still trying to get to grips with all the settings so it is frustrating at times, but that is 1/2 the fun! I love te B&W right out of camera.
When my "new" R-D1 arrives later this week it will be an interesting battle.

Gary H

Extremely happy, and no regrets selling my M8 and lenses to pay for the three lens system. It works very nicely in tandem with my X100.

I am glad to see all these positive reviews and remarks on the camera. I took our floor demo out for the first time last night to a dark and dirty bar. ISO 6400 is just unbelievable! Not to mention a good portrait at f/1.4 on the 35mm!

I am taking it out again tonight to finish up the review, but I am seriously considering dumping all of my equipment besides my RB67 (meaning getting rid of an Olive Bessa R2 with a v3 Summi 50mm, and a huge Canon F1 double body kit, but keeping my 15 Heliar for wides on the XP1) and taking the plunge. I love film, but I'm really missing the turn around time of digital, and this camera just oozes good looking images...

I'm not sure why exactly, but this is my favorite shot with it thus far...

6919617480_6cf60016bd_c.jpg

35mm at f1.8, ISO 200

I'm really happy with it. More so than I thought I would be! I have the 18 and the 35, and I find both to be really good in their own way. I've had it for 3 weeks now. Battery life is a bit bad as expected, so I've ordered two extra ones, as well as a 16GB 95 MB/s Extreme Pro card. I also got a £200 gift voucher from Fuji for preordering it - what I'm spending that on I don't know yet. Probably another lens when more are released.

I don't see where all the complaints on the AF come from. The problems people have with the AF seem to be mostly user error, and not knowing how to operate the camera properly. For example, people say in regards to focusing, "focus on an edge". Much like you would with an SLR. Well, that's wrong, because the CDAF in the digital Fujis doesn't work that way. In fact, if you point it at an edge, it's likely that the focus will struggle more. This is because the CDAF tries to make everything within the AF box sharp, and if you have several planes in different lengths from the camera within the box, the focus will struggle. The correct way to focus is not on an edge, but rather on contrasty areas on the subject. Yet, people who obviously don't know the camera spread misinformation about this all over various forums. It's not an obvious thing, but it only goes to show one important thing: the X-Pro 1 is not an SLR, and it therefore shouldn't be expect to work like one either.

Focusing mode should be Area, and power save mode should be OFF. Otherwise, the autofocus is positively retarded. I also prefer to have the focus switch on M and use the AE-L/AF-L button to focus.

Handling is great. It's just a pleasure to use, I think. The manual controls are so nice, and the grip is very nice too. I like the subtle rise on the front, and the thumb rest under the EV compensation dial at the back.

The weight is fantastic. I have to laugh when people complain that it's too light. If you want it to be heavier, tape some led to it or something, and let the rest of us who actually like not having to work out whilst photographing enjoy our lightweight setup. The camera with all three lenses weighs less than a kilogram - less than my D700 body alone was, while delivering output that comes very close.

I post photos on my flickr from it pretty often, pages 1-7 are XP1 only as of the time of writing.

My favourite so far, a peculiar moment from near London Bridge.

6881342462_50d022cb9c_b.jpg

Yes, that is a particularly unusual and interesting shot. Surreal, film set feel. Did you use fill flash, because of course it is backlit, but looks front lit!

Back