Sony a6000 First Impressions at dpreview

sony a6000 outclasses every other ilc including everything from fuji olympus panasonic and leica

for $700

its sensor is rated 82 at dxo

I'm not very familiar with its competitors and Sony predecessors, but received my A6000 this week and it is very easy to learn and produces good images.

The 16-50 lens seems to be reasonably sharp but is not the best lens I've ever used. Closest focus is .25m/.82ft at 16mm, and .30m/.98 ft at 50 mm. Takes the same 40.5 filters as my Minolta M-lenses. The finder is very bright and usable for an eyeglass wearer. Magnification is .70, which is close enough to my M4P. When I accumulate enough experience, I'll post some pictures.

For me, this a lightweight alternative to hauling around a Nikon SLR kit without going through the processes that film requires.

sony a6000 outclasses every other ilc including everything from fuji olympus panasonic and leica

for $700

its sensor is rated 82 at dxo

UI .. now here is where the Sony is wanting. It isn't just about the final results, but also how efficiently/enjoyably you get there. I have an A7, NEX-6 and NEX-7.. so I'm not just Sony bashing. I should mention that the A7 is the best of the bunch.

UI .. now here is where the Sony is wanting. It isn't just about the final results, but also how efficiently/enjoyably you get there. I have an A7, NEX-6 and NEX-7.. so I'm not just Sony bashing. I should mention that the A7 is the best of the bunch.

Yeah, the A7 isn't exactly fun to use, imo. Manual lenses help a lot. A more uncluttered menu system (a la canon dslrs) would be a big help. But most of all, it's the autofocus that is such an annoyance. If the A7 had the A6000's af system, it would be a much nicer camera to use.

Though, I'd also like a dlsr-style top mounted lcd.

Has anyone compared EVF's between NEX-6 and A-6000? Is there any difference to convince me to upgrade the NEX-6 (I am referring strictly to the EVF)? Thanks

One of my first photos from my a6000. Nikkor 5cm HC f2 RF lens and straight camera output.

A friend telling me that one of our neighbors has passed away.

Anyone using this with RF lenses yet?

In addition to the LTM Nikkor HC 50/2.0 used above, I have used other LTM RF lenses with the a6000:
Canon 35/1.8*
Canon 50/1.4
Serenar 50/1.9
VC 25/4.0*
VC 75/2.5*
Industar 61L 53/2.8*
Industar 50 50/3.5

Also SLR lenses:
Canon FD 24/2.8
Canon FD 50/1.4*
Nikkor 24/2.8
Nikkor 55/3.5 Micro*
Nikkor 85/1.8*
Nikkor 105/2.5*
Nikkor 80-200/4.5

*= From initial shots I liked the results from these lenses.

Has anyone compared EVF's between NEX-6 and A-6000? Is there any difference to convince me to upgrade the NEX-6 (I am referring strictly to the EVF)? Thanks

It has a 1,440k-dot EVF compared to the 2,359k-dot one used by the older NEX-6 & 7... So you're probably better off considering a NEX-7 if you want the megapixel increase without compromising on the EVF.

Regarding the viewfinder, the A6000's is both bright and sharp. Numbers alone are not always an accurate guide to performance.

Back