Sony "Digital Mamiya 7" Medium Format Mirrorless rumor...

used to be 'leica gets mentioned, many hackles go up cause they can do no wrong...yawn'. now lets welcome 'fuji gets mentioned, many hackles go up cause they can do no wrong...yawn'. we seem to be expanding the club, but we dont seem to be expanding information flow. hmmmm.....next up: sony!

I don't think the Xpro1's OVF covers the FOV of lenses wider than 18mm. The 55-250's long end is also not within the display ability of the OVF's frame lines. I remember they have a frame for the 56mm f1.2, but it is quite small and not nearly as useful as other framelines.

I have used the 14 wo any problem. But then again, it is practically the whole ovf...

Forgot about the tele zooms since I don't own one, but I thought they also worked. Defer to someone who has one.

For the 56 or 60 did u use the ovf mag feature? Hold the lever below shutter release for over two seconds and the mag will switch on or off.

But the ovf/evf combo gives u the best of both worlds for those of us that wish to make use of it.. For lenses outside the capability of the ovf, u have the evf. The Leica rf vf needs separate ovf once u go past 28 on the wide end and 90 or 135 on the tele end.

U want ovf that can handle it all, then of course it is an slr, I would never argue that point.

Gary

Last edited:
used to be 'leica gets mentioned, many hackles go up cause they can do no wrong...yawn'. now lets welcome 'fuji gets mentioned, many hackles go up cause they can do no wrong...yawn'. we seem to be expanding the club, but we dont seem to be expanding information flow. hmmmm.....next up: sony!

Let's look at it the other way.. Name me a camera that everyone loves , lol :)

Gary

arent these arguments tiring, and also frankly somewhat childish? my cameras better than yours? my companys smarter than yours? you guys have kids? cause it sounds like parent/child role reversal.

i particularly love comments like 'frankly that ---is apsc vs FF is a minor detail'--minor for you, not minor for everyone! similarly, those who deride 'user experience' erroneously believe their value system is inherently better than another.

the inability and/or the unwillingness to understand that there are no inherent answers to subjective questions is the hallmark of immaturity. its an intellectual dead end. now, 12 year olds have a hard time with this fairly basic concept, understood. how many 12 year olds we have here? maybe its time for folks to act their age and admit that these are not objective issues, and therefore others can properly come to different conclusions that deserve the same respect you desire for yours. remember kids, you are not your stuff; disengage your egos from your gear. and lets try to act like adults.

Well said..

Gary

Back