Sony RX-100 - 1" sensor zoom compact

$649 dollars..!!!!!

That is downright decent compared to the price Leica charges for their Panasonic rebadged D-Lux compacts. ._. Although I agree that at a price point of $500, this would sell even more than it is now (currently sitting at #1 on Amazon overall ratings for cameras 4 days running). I am fairly certain in 4-6 months after initial release, the price will in fact come down to $500.

Funny that it's number 1 on Amazon and it's not even shipping yet. People must be really excited. Would consider one in a few months when they're $500.

Ha, imagine if Leica rolled this baby out. IMO it is far more suited to be a D-Lux than any of the Panasonics LX's so far, although the rumour is that the next iteration will have a similar 1" sensor.

I got mine today. So weird to me, I'm never an early adopter of anything. However, I AM going to China in a couple months to adopt a kid, so I wanted to travel extremely light, and I need good video. The camera is nice ... slightly smaller in all dimensions than my XA (well, until the lens comes out). I still don't know what I'm doing yet with it though. jpeg bw mode, manual focus (the manual focus is pretty cool, the ring is nice and smooth):

7559309370_dc8a7b5a5a_b.jpg

@SteveM - that looks really nice! Much PP, or is that straight out of the camera? The bokeh at that aperture has an interestingly triangular shape!

@SteveM - that looks really nice! Much PP, or is that straight out of the camera? The bokeh at that aperture has an interestingly triangular shape!

Oh, that is I think High Contrast B&W mode, I didn't do anything else. Hey yeah, I hadn't noticed those triangles, weird :)

Funny that it's number 1 on Amazon and it's not even shipping yet.

A fun game I like to play on Amazon is add something to my cart but don't buy it. Come back a week later, check the cart, and see it is more expensive. Remove it, check a week later, and it is back to the original price. Good times.

Back