Summaron 35/2.8 vs LLL 35mm 8 element

Which lens is "better overall". the Summaron 35/2.8 or the Summicron 35/2 8 elements?

The LLL 8-Element is fantastic. I have a hard time believing that many of its detractors here have ever owned one. Who knows why they want to take time out of their day to make (on-going) complaints. Kinda silly actually.

I've never owned a Summaron. I'm sure it's wonderful, as well. For me, having a 2.8 lens would be a limitation in some situations.

Jenny by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Jenny by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Jordan at Finnigan Hill Vineyard by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

The LLL 8-Element is fantastic. I have a hard time believing that many of its detractors here have ever owned one. Who knows why they want to take time out of their day to make (on-going) complaints. Kinda silly actually.
Cannot agree with you more.

Lamb bone seller.
53446881187_d6ab1c266c_k.jpg
Leica M6/LLL 8e clone wide-open. Ilford Pan 400 pushed to 1600.

The eight elements Summicron is a great lens, but the LLL is very good too. I have a LLL in black and prefer that over the silver Summicron.

gelatin silver print (LLL 35mm f2) leica m2

1704781653195.png

Last edited:
As a user and mechanic tech wannabe, I recommend canon 35mm f2 LTM for flexibility, performance/dollar. Summaron has its own signature and has higher collector-user value than the knock off one. If speed is a concern, there are plenty quality 35mm f2, such as Voigtlander, Konica UC 35mm f2 ( the one I have is a postotype, which has a number exceeded 1000 copies 100X/1000). The QC of small shop is a concern, I have many videos showed wobble/play, unfortunately, I am unable to upload them in here. Label users who express different opinions as distractors is too aggressive. I have used them all.

Attachments

• G55HX-gsnabqaygday6ajhckbhnge6.jpeg
    G55HX-gsnabqaygday6ajhckbhnge6.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 12
I enjoy using my LLL 35mm, though I kind of wish I had gotten the rigid LTM version instead of the collapsible model, but there was a huge price difference between the two for me. Most of the issues are ergonomic and with the collapsible mechanism, but I've gotten used to it.

If the rigid LLL in LTM was in the price-region of comparable Voigtländers and would not proudly say "China" on the front-ring while being pricier, I would consider it. This may not mean much for you but it sure does for me. For the time being the Summaron 3.5cm/3.5 will keep me and my LTM-cameras sufficently busy.

If the rigid LLL in LTM was in the price-region of comparable Voigtländers and would not proudly say "China" on the front-ring while being pricier, I would consider it. This may not mean much for you but it sure does for me. For the time being the Summaron 3.5cm/3.5 will keep me and my LTM-cameras sufficently busy.
I think if LLL without any connection with Leica/replica its lens may be unable to compete with 7artisans or TTartisans. I agree the price is too high for what its offered other than psychological connection with Leica.

Back