Summaron 35mm f2.8

LISA, an artist

LISA, an artist

It really is a nice lens. It's mounted on my chrome M4. (samples from my Summaron 35mm)

Neopan 1600 in D76 stock and a negscan.

17991688579_4d535e0ece_c.jpg

Father and Son (musicians).

Father and Son (musicians).

36780811150_726eea9ef9_c.jpg

I may have posted this before... shot on Tri-x 400asa in D76 stock. negscan.

Great photo, Charles.

I love the wide range of tones that semi-stand gives, especially with Rodinal. It seems to keep the highlights but with Rodinal it allows them to sparkle as well, and although it still gives shadow detail the black tones have a great intensity. As another poster has mentioned elsewhere it seems to gives images that are both soft and hard at the same time.

My own experience has been that five minutes between very gentle agitation gives maximum effect without unpredictable oddities appearing from time to time. What do you find?

Anthony

Thanks Anthony!

I use three gentle agitations at the start, then at 20 minutes, repeated at 40 minutes.

What I love about it is that edge effect which gives almost a halo at times.

I've never had irregularities using this method, but previous attempts without the middle agitation did. I am scrupulous about temperatures and try (especially at present) to keep it all at 20C.

I really do love the method, I tend to do it at breakfast time and can develop and do a lot of stuff in the gaps!

Back