Summaron 35mm f2.8

This lens is indeed a great (forgotten) legendary lens. And a great deal compared to vintage crons and lux. And like many mentioned here, it performs incredibly well wide open. I definitely need to use it more and make more sample shots to share.
This image was taken wide open, and the unique goggle version minimum distance of 0.65m.

Leica M240 + Summaron 35mm f2.8 (M3 version) by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

This classic lens is always a treat to use. For being a lens produced in 1959 (my copy), it handles bright lighting incredibly well. You'll notice the shiny part of my daughter's sweater is showing no glow around it. Any other vintage lens i have will show major glow around even a white shirt or a bright colored hair clip, but not this lens. And the colors it produces are amazing. All from a lens that at the time, you could possibly say was mostly used for sharp black and white images.

Leica M240 + Summaron 35mm F2.8 by Alex Aguilera, on Flickr

Leica m6, Summaron 35 2.8, Kodak tri-x 400, Ilford MGRC IV

50062830696_9866b02955_b.jpg

Giulio

Adventure Time with Little Man

Adventure Time with Little Man

Having an active 4 year old has proven challenging during social distancing. One of the things we do is go for "adventures." I let him chart our course and watch his imagination run wild. We had a picnic after checking out this cool shed he spotted up a dirt road by a water tower.

Leica M6
Summaron 35mm 2.8 + K2 filter
TriX ei400, Pyrocat HD 11:30

50074534902_7b6b154df7_h.jpg
[/url]Curiosity by Chris Coppola, on Flickr[/IMG]
50074535292_6491455785_h.jpg
[/url]The Path by Chris Coppola, on Flickr[/IMG]

Water Tower by Chris Coppola, on Flickr

Scootering
50074535617_80eb139391_h.jpg
[/url]Hold my Hand by Chris Coppola, on Flickr[/IMG]

Question to all of you, what hood do you generally use? I’ve got the original cone-shaped hood as well as the vented hood originally designed for the Summicron 8-element. Is the latter effective. The cone hood blocks a bit more of the VF

Question to all of you, what hood do you generally use? I’ve got the original cone-shaped hood as well as the vented hood originally designed for the Summicron 8-element. Is the latter effective. The cone hood blocks a bit more of the VF

I prefer the 12504 vented hood from the 35mm 1.4 for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Back