Summilux 35mm pre-asph photos

Ive been on a 21SA kick lately but took this on the R-D1 with the early 35 pre-asph 'lux v2 that DAG cla'd and fixed the focus for me...just love this lens.

U37154I1333886082.SEQ.0.jpg

Dirk,

Nice shots from your '67 Summilux. I particularly like the selection shot at night. That wanted sign shows off the unique qualities of the pre asph very well!

Keep them coming!

Regards,

Simon

Thanks Simon ;-)

Greg - beautiful legs!

Here is one from a late night shooting some weeks ago:

L1049028-M9%20Digital%20Camera-funny%20girl.jpg

me: Hey, funny hat! Can I take a picture?
she: Me? Ahh, yes.
me: Cool, let's get over here…
she: [fiddling in her bag] Look, I've got funny glasses as well!
me: [laughing] … click

Does anyone have a V1 pre-asph (circa 1960-65) they can share some wide open shots from? I hear they are quite spectacular wide open?

Thanks Simon ;-)

Greg - beautiful legs!

Here is one from a late night shooting some weeks ago:

L1049028-M9%20Digital%20Camera-funny%20girl.jpg

me: Hey, funny hat! Can I take a picture?
she: Me? Ahh, yes.
me: Cool, let's get over here…
she: [fiddling in her bag] Look, I've got funny glasses as well!
me: [laughing] … click

Dirk - Love it, really nice!
btw I agree about the legs
Cheers, Jurgen

That other hood, what is it?

My pre-Asph came with the standard round hood for the lens but I'm interested in the square hood as that apparently is better in reducing flare.
What Leitz number is it, anybody?

That other hood, what is it?

My pre-Asph came with the standard round hood for the lens but I'm interested in the square hood as that apparently is better in reducing flare.
What Leitz number is it, anybody?

It's the same hood, as the plastic hood for the current 35 Summicron ASPH.
There have been two different Leica numbers assigned to this hood, as it came with different lenses (I think, also the current 28/2.8 ASPH).

I think, the earlier number assigned was #12525

In any case, you have to remove a small tab on the hood, preventing it from properly seating on the pre ASPH Lux.
There is a lengthy thread somewhere on RFF, describing some neat solutions regarding alternative hoods and filter holders.

It's the same hood, as the plastic hood for the current 35 Summicron ASPH.
There have been two different Leica numbers assigned to this hood, as it came with different lenses (I think, also the current 28/2.8 ASPH).

I think, the earlier number assigned was #12525

In any case, you have to remove a small tab on the hood, preventing it from properly seating on the pre ASPH Lux.
There is a lengthy thread somewhere on RFF, describing some neat solutions regarding alternative hoods and filter holders.

Thank you Dirk! I'll look for that thread! Enjoy LeMans!

I use the 12526 without any modification, fits well but I have to check from time to time if it became tilted ...

Back