Surrealist Photography

"The aim [of Surrealism] was to 'resolve the previously contradictory conditions of dream and reality.' Artists painted unnerving, illogical scenes with photographic precision, created strange creatures from everyday objects and developed painting techniques that allowed the unconscious to express itself and/or an idea/concept. Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur"

5140404320_cefe2b0b1e_b.jpg

... then this may help Surrealist Manifesto 1924 by André Breton

... if you don't like that one I have one others

Surrealism seems as though requires the involved imagination of the viewer as well as the presenter.
I'm not sure how my posted images are at fitting into a category such as surrealism but, to me the ones I have posted are of a parallel world to our real one and... seem to fit the idea of the genre.
Would love some feedback if there is anything constructive to hear/read.

Surrealism seems as though requires the involved imagination of the viewer as well as the presenter....

I agree. Even more so when using un-manipulated photographic images. By nature Surrealism is is non-real, so I can see how some my struggle with this idea as they know they know intuitively an image/situation is essentially real. If they don't wish to make that leap it's fine by me, however as a photographer, I take pleasure in trying to find and frame those little surreal moments we encounter in our life.

Better? :)

Surrealism seems as though requires the involved imagination of the viewer as well as the presenter.

That is just brilliant! I've been looking for some kind of linking definition, given the diversity of the images produced by the original surrealists, but that would bind them together. Albeit, this being surrealism, they are bound by smoke and water. :D

I'm not sure how my posted images are at fitting into a category such as surrealism but, to me the ones I have posted are of a parallel world to our real one and... seem to fit the idea of the genre.
Would love some feedback if there is anything constructive to hear/read.

I'm not sure I can offer a critique, but I do appreciate what you are presenting (and making me, the viewer, involving my imagination). ;)

Thank you all for posting!

Thank you all for posting!

Very enjoyable thread. Let's all keep it going :)

I'll add a couple more that have had some "artistic" liberties applied.

6956425100_445bc448ba_o.jpg

I always thought my work drew a lot from surrealism but who knows. I sure don't' care what definitions are used, I'm enjoying following my vision.

Back