Australia/New Zealand Sydney Camera Market: July 24

Heath

Classic Camera Collector
Local time
10:12 AM
Just a heads up for those in Sydney or those willing to travel up/down here for the camera market.

July 24 is the date.

I will be there. I am going to start saving now. Well, actually after I (hopefully) get the Zenit FS12 (Fotosnaiper).

So anyone interested in meeting up for this event? Might be a bargain or 2 to be had. I missed the last one but those who went seemed to have fun.

Heath

I am pretty sure it is being held at Ultimo, as that is the usual venue. I will contact someone who should know and get back to you guys.

Hope a few can make it. It will be a great day out.

Heath

Ben (and anyone else ineterested),

I emailed the guy I mentioned previously asking about the camera market.

This is part of his reply:

The market is on Sunday 24 July from 10am to 3pm. It is at the Ultimo Community Centre, 40 William-Henry Street, Ultimo. It is just down Harris Street from the Power House Museum.

Looks like this meeting will be a goer.

Heath

Count me in! Glenn, Akalai, and I went to the last one - had a ball! (and picked up some good stuff)

We'll work out a meeting place/time closer to the date, but I'll definately be there!

Hey guys.

What time and where abouts?

White carnations?
RFF armbands?

I still have yet to work out my "sneak away from family" plan.

Is it bad form to try and trade a camera (that you no longer want) with the stallholders, or is strictly sales?

The market opens at 10, you really need to be there then to get any good deals. Last time, we met outside at about quarter to, and stood in the queue. Descriptions were enough for recognition.
Have never tried to trade stuff on the day, I reckon you'd possibly have a good chance......worth a try, anyway.

OK.
Look out for me: 180cm, heavy-set, very short hair(well, bald), handlebar moustache with grey tips, blue springlike earing, big stainless steel buckle, black T-shirt, some form of running shoes, responds to the name; Mark.

Hmmm.
Description sounds a bit scary. I'm not. :angel:

heh heh......

me: 6' 3" (no idea the metric equivalent), skinny, short dark brown hair, moustache, and carrying an M6 over the left shoulder.........

we **really** need RFF T-shirts........

I am 5'7", weigh 80 kg's's, shaved head, 3 gold sleepers in my left ear, will have a Lowepro Orion Trekker II on my back. More than likely wearing some form of sunglasses. Gold ring (celtic design) on the ring finger of my right hand. I will more than likely be wearing black jeans and black army boots.

Hope that will help you recognise me.

Heath

Hi everyone. Im new - just registered.
Ill be there on Sunday too.
Im looking to buy a Rollei 35 or similar.
Cheers, Ali

woo hoo ! - I'll be able to take some photos in the country this w/end
d'oh ! - I'll be in the country this w/end & not at Ultimo

If I can get back in time I'll drop in to pick over the scraps. It would've been nice to say howdy but maybe next time.

Ben

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Ben. Maybe next time for sure.

I will be there bright and early. I will be very noticable in that I will be wearing a sky-cam jacket (camoflage with blue as the predominant colour). I will have my 300D (gasp!!!) and also one of my rangefinders, more than likely my Commando.

See ya tomorrow morning (those wo venture out to Ultimo).

Heath

I'll def be there - around 0945...........look for a tall skinny guy dressed in black, and wearing a backpack and a M6TTL.........

Back