Australia/New Zealand Sydney Camera Market: July 24

Well.
Did you all have fun?

I was there but was too focussed at the cameras to find anyone by their descriptions.
Focussed on people just in front of me picking up and buying anything that I wanted.

Not a successful GAS day for me. I bought a hotshoe for my mum's camera.

I met Heath (the ear-rings were the giveaway!) but didn't meet anyone else. Saw a few nice cameras - two M3s, an early Canon rf, a Canon VT with 50/1.8 (he wanted AUD$795!), Contax, etc. Anything I liked was way overpriced - I think they determined asking price by looking at recent trends on ebay then doubling. I didn't come away empty-handed; bought a Pen EE-S which I've just run a test roll through.

I got there late, couldn't find anyone else by description. Kinda agree with Chris, anything nice was overpriced. There was a nice-ish Nikon S which the bloke was trying to talk me into bargaining starting at around $850, but I really don't need to go down that path......
Saw the VT, expensive, but it was nice tho......
Lots of Leica stuff, all at around the going price in Aus. Sadly, no bargains.
Very little LF gear, and what there was was pretty average.
Picked up a minty Weston Euro Master, in box, for $60 tho so not unhappy.

I had a good day. I got myself a nice Moskva 2, Canonet QL 25, 300mm lens for my M42 SLR kit, Canon Speedlight 380EX (but don't talk to me about that one) and a Soligor light meter. PLus one guy gave me a dead Leningrad light meter for nix (he was going to throw it out anyway). I have already run a roll through the Moskva (results in the MF forum) and just put a roll in the QL 25 to shoot tomorrow.

Had a good chat with Chris while in line waiting to go in. IN there it bacme rather kaotic at one point. I saw a young boy aged about 7yo who had become seperated from his dad and he had become quite distressed.

Maybe we should organise a get together where we hang out, talk cameras and shoot burn some film. I know I am up for that.

Heath

Back