"terrorism" and "perspectivity" of photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
One interesting example of the definition of "terrorists" comes in my mind: The guerrilla fighters of Warzaw ghetto: They were trained for using arms (even produced copy Sten machine guns) trained with explosives and other needed Terror acts (Mostly studying the nazis). After Russians finally came, some of them were able to escape to Palestine. There they formed IRGUN , the terror/freedom fighters of the new state Israel. They blew up the KING DAVID hotel that was the headquarters of the British. The freedom fighting was aimed at throwing the arabs out, so the IRGUN fighters became heroes. The arabs that made resistance became "terrorists". This has been going on now for 60 years, with no end in sight... Who is the hero, who the terrorist ? It is now clear that Arab countries finance the palestine fighters and everyone knows USA finances Israel. But how long? What does USA gain in supplyig money to that villain state that "once was the promised land" What does the Arab countries gain in pouring money to fighters now, when USA is losing interest in Arab oil, as they are becoming self sufficent because of new technologies.. Tell me...

If the massacre at Oradour s/Glane -- http://www.oradour.info/ -- was not terrorism, it's hard to see what is. Dictionary definitions are less than worthless in the face of such evidence. And, as Rangefinderfreak says, there really are times when "terrorist" and "freedom fighter" depend purely and simply on your political and moral views. Another good example is Uighurstan.

Cheers,

R.

You sir, have either no idea what you are talking about, or are blinded by an incredible level of prejudice and hate against Israel and the US.
smells bad...:(
What you say is UNTRUE: I have several volunteer friends in Finnish peacekeeping forces in UN forces, both military and Medical... Just please check this link:
http://peacekeepingfinland.fi/ talks with them has been very worthwhile in forming my knowledge of the matter...
Also an unbiased view of history of near and middle east, would be worthwhile: http://www.abadieschill.com/2012/07/04/a-brief-history-of-middle-eastern-oil/
This is a brief description of the history but not an explanation on WHY all this happened: http://www.npr.org/news/specials/mideast/history/

In short: THIS is the reason Arabs pour money to "terrorists" and USA to israel: Jointly they make sure there is no interruption in oil supply:

"Through Western eyes, modern day Iran is often seen primarily as an irrational actor being driven by radical Shia clerics, but this country has gained substantial political influence in the Middle East by way of calculating support of Hezbollah, Hamas, the currently embattled regime in Syria, and other Shia groups in Sunni dominated states. It is also possible that the Middle East is seeing a rise in Sunni dominance and influence by way of the recent Arab Spring in Egypt, Libya and Syria, which will further solidify the alliance between the United States and the oil rich states of the Gulf region." -quote..."There is no business like oil business, better than Arms business" With the price of barrel of oil starting at $ 16-18,- and ending at $ 170,- in what other business you have a mark up of ten times the production price ?

Just checking "your blood"... jew from France,now living in Israel, to mine: A finn living in Finland and in a country active in many peace processes around the globe. Do you think my views are hypocrisy and showing "double standards". We had recently a program in TV about israel and palestinians. The actor said: Look, there is the fence. What you see behind it..Nothing ! On our side there is trees full of oranges, land full of vegetables. People are working, go to schools. The other guy remarked: Yes, you have all the money, your people came from countries where you could get education, you could travel where ever you wanted. These people are PRISONERS... You are preventing them all of the life you have... How can you ever compare...

Was the Turkish treatment of the Armenians terrorism or genocide?

... "After all, who remembers today the extermination of the Armenians?" ... is attributed to Adolf Hitler ...

... and, as we know Adolf Hitler is the internet equivalent of Mornington Crescent :)

When people say "What me worry, world is ready"... do you think it is, nothing to change, nothing to improve... The problem is: what is the right "medicine", the right actions to a change... tell me...

The sad and steady hopeless progression of this thread shows me that the moderators should have killed it when it was posted. Why did they allow this stream of chicken soup philosophy on a photography site beats me.

It was about "terrorism and photography", right ? Do you think the guys out there shooting those images of war and terrorism , were only thinking about photography, pixels and what lens would suit those images best???

The sad and steady hopeless progression of this thread shows me that the moderators should have killed it when it was posted. Why did they allow this stream of chicken soup philosophy on a photography site beats me.

It beats me why people want threads they don't like deleted rather than just stop reading it themselves. Why should you decide for everyone else what they should or shouldn't read?

Why allow ANYTHING except anodyne drivel on whether Version II or Version III has better bokeh?

Cheers,

R.

It was about "terrorism and photography", right ? Do you think the guys out there shooting those images of war and terrorism , were only thinking about photography, pixels and what lens would suit those images best???
Well, yes, but if your world picture is so rigid that you are too frightened to think about WHY people might espouse a cause and try to increase people's knowledge of the problems, then probably pixels and lenses are a lot more important than life or death. As for providing a real-world example that will drive the bigots or vested interests on either side into incandescent rage... No, stick with the pixels and whether Version II or Version III is better. After all, Eugene Smith's pictures of Minamata were just worthless muck-stirring...

Did you see that the 2013 global treaty on mercury poisoning is generally known as the Minamata treaty?

Cheers,

R.

Well, yes, but if your world picture is so rigid that you are too frightened to think about WHY people might espouse a cause and try to increase people's knowledge of the problems, then probably pixels and lenses are a lot more important than life or death. As for providing a real-world example that will drive the bigots or vested interests on either side into incandescent rage... No, stick with the pixels and whether Version II or Version III is better. After all, Eugene Smith's pictures of Minamata were just worthless muck-stirring...

Did you see that the 2013 global treaty on mercury poisoning is generally known as the Minamata treaty?

Cheers,

R.

although i cannot speak for all, i have met many of the folks out there on the front lines in person and very, very few of them are talking about anything camera related. unless of course one of the tools is broken or in need of some sort of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back