The 40mm M-Rokkor CLE [some snaps]...

thank you John!
my lens actually is the "single coated" variety which is said to be identical to your Leica Summicron-C, not the later multicoated M-Rokkor made for the CLE. Now I realize that this thread actually may only be about the multicoated M-Rokkor!
I have been thinking that, e.g. early multi coating of Takumars is beating that of this M-Rokkor, nevertheless to me images created with this lens have something particular and special, but I could not specify that. Right, you better had kept this lens :)

hardly have "contre jour" examples, another one I found, again taken with Sony A7 in Austria:

Untitled
by andreas, on Flickr

I recently got this lovely little lens. I am embracing the uncertain nature of what you get from it. I cannot frame for 40, and so I guess a little and just find out. I let myself shoot wide open, I let myself focus to infinity and just guess, I let myself shoot at f/8 or f/11 and just don’t worry about anything.

I have my camera set to only display monochrome previews, so the color is a surprise when I import the DNG files.

It all lends to a sense of adventure, uncertainty. It mirrors my own feelings being in Japan at the moment with empty airports and a confusing USA to return to.

Anyway, here are some images.

med_U68270I1583242649.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U68270I1583242651.SEQ.1.jpg

med_U68270I1583242651.SEQ.2.jpg

med_U68270I1583242651.SEQ.3.jpg

med_U68270I1583242652.SEQ.4.jpg

Any real difference between the Minolta and Leica versions of the 40/2?

From my experience, the Minolta versions are more contrasty and flare resistant, which is most probably due to their different coatings but I did not test them side by side.

I like to stitch things together. The below image is the result of stitching together 4 files taken with the M-ROKKOR 40mm on an M240. I removed the vignette (hard to make the stitch work if you don't) and I changed the perspective a little bit to straighten up most of the lines. It's not entirely done, but it's sort of a snapshot work in progress.

med_U68270I1584027850.SEQ.0.jpg

Back