The Definitive Leica Technician List For CLAs and Fixes

dcsang

Canadian & Not A Dentist
Local time
1:27 PM
Lately I've seen comments about Don's (aka DAG) excellent work and I know that people also believe Sherry Krauter is equally as good while still others feel Youxin Ye does a good job.

In the meantime, folks up here in Canuckland have a number of people to choose from (at least in the Toronto area).

So, with that, I thought it would be a good idea to compile a complete list for those around the globe.

Feel free to add your tech's name, contact information (if publicly available), and location (City, State/Province, Country) and if we're lucky this post can become a "sticky"..

Dave

David Yau - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

David Yau - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

David Yau
Yau's Camera Service
12 Fawndale Crescent
Toronto Ontario
Canada M1W 3K1.

By appointment only please.

Telephone 416 494-8988
Monday through Friday
10AM-3 PM EST

[email protected]

Serving the Photographic Community since 1969.
Trained at the Leica Factory Wetzlar and Solms,
Rollei Factory Braunschweig and Yashica Hong Kong.
Fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
Repairs warranted for 6 months.

Gerry Smith at Kindermann does all of the work on my cameras and lenses. His work is excellent and his turn-around time is usually very fast.

Kindermann Canada Inc.
Attn: Service Department c/o Gerry Smith
3-361 Steelcase Road West
Markham, ON L3R 3V8
Tel:905-940-9262 Fax:905-479-9755
e-mail: service@ kindermann.ca

EDIT: Ah, beat me to it!

This does seem like a good idea. Here are some recommendations from me. Also Youxin Ye, but I don't have his details in my notebook.

- CRR Luton

5 DOWNVIEW
751 DUNSTABLE ROAD
LUTON LU4 0HP
(UK)
+44 (0)1582 570395

It is best to ring, emails have difficulty getting through. Very recommended.

- Malcolm Taylor

Upper Lye Farm
Aymestrey, Hereford
HR6 9SZ
(UK)
+44 (0)1568 770 542

- Will van Manen

Dorpsstraat 81
2712 AD Zoetermeer
(Holland)
+31 (0)79 316 33 39

This should be a sticky, I know that CameraQuest has Leica service, too. And as I'm going to have my Leica serviced soon, I hope this list materializes.

Might be a good idea to include the typical turnaround time.

Harry

That's going to be difficult - as every repair / service I've had done has varied depending on workload. Might be better to say how accurate the turnaround time stated was.

I hope one of the mods can create the sticky - If I have the time, I'd eventually like to get an online DB available that would be able to be searched by location and/or name.

Dave

Turnaround time for Wil van Manen for me was 10 days for a summicron 90/2 focus realignment and m2 rf check. He said 2 weeks... it took 10 days, pretty good eh?

Some of you guys seem to need a heck of a lot of repair/service work!....or perhaps I've just been very lucky over the last forty years.....never yet had to send one out!....despite a lot of semi-pro and amateur use! :), anyone else in this happy situation?
Dave.

Makes you wonder just how reliable Leicas really are!!

Last edited:
Essex Camera Services, Inc.
100 Amor Avenue Carlstadt, New Jersey 07072
Phone: (201)-933-7272 Fax: (201)-933-7647
email: [email protected]
I've used them alot and recommend them highly. They are within driving distance of my home, so I never have a problem with turn-around time usually 7-10 days and done when they promise. The shop if filled with scores of Leicas waiting for repair as well as other manual and electronic cameras. A real candy store.

/T

Lee Cho Tat
Panda Camera
17/F Double Building, 22 Stanley Street
Hong Kong

Repairs pretty much anything and CLA's Leicas in 10 days. A great guy to chat with too - really knows his stuff.

Another For Statesiders

Another For Statesiders

Add to this growing list L & J Leica Repair, Greenville, SC. The phone number is 864-297-6931. Chap's name is John Maddox. Call first and it may save you some heartache. I've never used him so can't comment but I talked with him once (by phone) and learned he accepts ONLY Barnack-type cameras for repair. Forget using him for an M, he won't touch them.

Youxin Ye's info is [email protected]. He's done excellent work for me on M's 2 and 3.

dc3

Essex Camera Services, Inc.
100 Amor Avenue Carlstadt, New Jersey 07072
Phone: (201)-933-7272 Fax: (201)-933-7647
email: [email protected]
I've used them alot and recommend them highly. They are within driving distance of my home, so I never have a problem with turn-around time usually 7-10 days and done when they promise. The shop if filled with scores of Leicas waiting for repair as well as other manual and electronic cameras. A real candy store.

/T

Essex is a very respected place that's been around a long time. Good rates, too.

Back