The Definitive Leica Technician List For CLAs and Fixes

Another satisfied Sherry Krauter / Golden Touch customer!. I accidentally dropped my 50 F2 Summi (on the Brooklyn Bridge no less, must have been the beer....). The lens sustained no external damage, but the focusing was stiff. Based upon this thread, I sent it to Sherry. 1 week and $95 later (including shipping) I had what looked to be an unscathed lens. I cannot tell if from new, either physically or the end result, looks and works as new. Very, very satisfied...

Yeah, Sherry rocks! Very knowledge person. She did a hell of a job with my Summitar. When I got it back it was like a brand new lens. I'm sending in my M6 to have her take a look to make sure the rangefinder in still in alignment, since I've dropped the camera twice, but has seemed fine, and my shutter speed dial is kinda stiff seems like something got in there.....I have full faith that the job will be done right.

For those in SF Bay Area there is Manfred Mueller at ICT Camera in Mountain View:
ICT CAmera
720 Villa Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Open: Mon-Fri 11 AM-6 PM
Tel: (650) 961-5825

Manfred has been repairing cameras since 1950; first 10 years in Germany and since 1960 in USA. He CLAd my Leica M3 last month, took about a week, and he was very happy himself to make it work as new. Highly recommended.

Alex

For the Aussies out there, Peter at Accurate Instrument Servicing did an awesome job on my IIIc. Rebuilt the shutter, did a CLA, and other little fixes. All up it took about 3 weeks to send the camera and get it back.

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Accurate Instrument Servicing
57 Beeville Road, Petrie Qld 4502
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Ph: 07 3285 5724[/FONT]
http://www.camerarepairs.com.au/

My vote for Sherry Krauter. She cla'd all of my lenses last year. When they came back, they were smooth as butter. Really beautiful and better than new.
Sherry Krauter
Golden Touch
118 Purgatory Road
Campbell Hall, NY 10916-2616
http://sherrykrauter.com/
(845) 496-8834

Keep it close to home. I like Gerry Smith. Funny thing, when I called Germany for help and they found out I was in Toronto, they instantly said take it to Gerry. Good enough for me...

In Argentina (Downtown Buenos Aires), the best Leica tech is:
Victor Eduardo Nasello,
Hipolito Irigoyen 615 PB "A"
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Ph. +54 11 43.43.40.76

My repair person list is a short one: Don Goldberg.

He's not a repair person per se,but...has anybody heard from Morgan Sparks of Camerleather lately? My emails remain unanswered as he has had my Nikon S for several months now and no communication about its status. Thanks for any information you can share.

Steve Choi in Culver City, CA......He has done miracles for me! So far I have been amazed by his quality work and fast turnaround time.

Red Dot Cameras
68 Old Street
London

They did an excellent and speedy repair on a light leak I had on my TTL M6. If you are a pro user in need of a fast turn around they will pull out the stops to try and accomodate.

Unfortunately they're also a Leica dealer and it's a dangerous place to be if you have a credit card in your wallet!

Yuri's repairperson (of Fedka) is very good. I wrote to Yuri about going on vacation and needing the lens CLA/Collimation done quickly. He quoted me 3-4 days repair time. The lens was actually worked on and completed the day after receiving it, and sent back the day after. He was also awesome and kept me informed of every step in repair, and even personally tested the lens out after repair!

hi guys,

pretty nice thread! any good (reasonable price) repair person in south east asia? i need to send my m4-p for a CLA just to make sure she is fine.. no major problem just want her to look awesome and prefectly smooth in use :) and an old/user summarit 1.5 LTM. needs some cleaning or recoating.. i've contacted john at focalpointlens but they're close for a week i think. do they repair leic M bodies as well? help!

thanks!

Based on what I'm reading here Essex Camera in NJ seems to be the logical choice. I recently emailed them about a Canonet QL17 with a stuck shutter and they quoted me 90.00 for cleaning and repair of shutter. Very fair price I think.

I'm emailing Sherry now about a Leica CL with busted meter... :)

Back