The Final Essence...

Robert said:
Semi lockdown here, but there is some light in the darkness...
med_U12155I1607702466.SEQ.0.jpg

also here

It's summer here.. the light is very bright.. all consuming. We are very small in this world of light.

U27021I1607866751.SEQ.0.jpg

Instax Mini 9 + Instax Mini color ISO800 film. 1/60 f/32.

and YOU ....?

Hi Helen,

for me everything needs to be a "lighting event".
Before I realized this concept basically everything was kind of documentary style. You take a look and get the message in like 2 or 3 seconds and move on. Nothing was really stimulating thoughts about the images - mostly that is. There was nothing that printed would survive 2 or 3 month on the wall and still be interesting every time I look at it. It completed changed the way I see.

So I think with lights and shaddows and everything in between we are not that far apart. ;)

A quiet walk on a gray day, thinking, carrying my camera. Looking in the glimpses of gray and sun.

A short video with some preliminary picks:

Click to see video on YouTube.

Enjoy! G

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see."
- Thoreau

Hi Helen,

for me everything needs to be a "lighting event".
Before I realized this concept basically everything was kind of documentary style. You take a look and get the message in like 2 or 3 seconds and move on. Nothing was really stimulating thoughts about the images - mostly that is. There was nothing that printed would survive 2 or 3 month on the wall and still be interesting every time I look at it. It completed changed the way I see.

So I think with lights and shadows and everything in between we are not that far apart. ;)
Thank you Helen for a great thread, and thank you Icebear for focusing my mind with your words above. For too long I’ve been wandering the streets for the ‘documentary style’, as you put it, and invariably disappointed. Like your gallery too.

.... Before I realized this concept basically everything was kind of documentary style. You take a look and get the message in like 2 or 3 seconds and move on. Nothing was really stimulating thoughts about the images - mostly that is....

I like your sentiment, icebear. I enjoy combining light/shadow AND street/documentary. To me that's the best of both worlds. Urban spaces are great for this, where all day long sunlight seeps through this or that opening, spilling its magic on anything and everything.

50714487078_6231254186_b.jpg

Back