The Final Essence...

I think the 'Visual" for me
just boils down to Shadow and Light
and whatever happens to fall in between

I've always loved black and white photography that focusses on a moment between light and shadow. I love looking at it, and I've tried to shift my photography in that direction (although I tend to get distracted)...

A few attempts.

50712923546_8b21ecdef1_o.jpg
Eggleston-esque but this picture also takes me back to the not-for-profit cafes and restaurants I frequented when I was a cash-strapped university student. Cheers, OtL

This is a good time of year for shadow and light with the sun being so low for us in the northern hemisphere.

I agree.

The low-angle winter light that accompanies colder offers opportunities for interiors shadow and light projects.

"It" is always there, but we are mostly not able to see it. Chasing never worked for me, but lucky encounters are what keeps photography alive and well and going.

I think you're right.. there's a nearly unending amount of potential all around, but human brains are designed to filter out everything irrelevant. The life of an artist (I mean the term without any of the pompous associations it can carry) consists of trying to reacquire as much of that filtered consciousness as possible.

Helen,
Thanks for this thread prompt! Looking at many of the images I have online, this prompt culls down all of the work to my very best images.

Phil Forrest

Back