The Leica SL: the new AF Leica

Bille

Well-known
Local time
11:09 AM
Is this the new AF Leica?

2a854449943d4f1eac762eb2653777.jpg

It looks like the same mount as the T. That would make a lot of sense. As for the design, rf look is out, humps are in, sadly.

As for the design, rf look is out, humps are in, sadly.

this says it all. do you wanna know how apple earned the dominant position it now has as a company? easy, they told you what you wanted! of course they followed that up with great products, the necessary second step.

now that company has stalled because theyve forgotten that and are resolved to following better than their competitors. innovation and genius lead; sheep follow.

hope the above isnt the new leica. if it is, theyre following a lot of sheep dung!

I think it's going to be a great camera, not that I could afford, or would buy it, but to me
this is exactly what I expected, a XT1 /A7 hump with good refresh rate,
probably a great sensor,
expensive as hell lenses, but then you can adapt anything on it
also it looks 'beefier' than the A7 and battery power should be great.

this doesn't want to be a M replacement, to me it's a viable update for the abandoned R crowd, with the most modern bells and whistles, this the benefit that you can adapt anything, also I don't understand what the 'minihump' part on the left is besides the big hump,

I'm sure this will sell better than the classic T, and it's good they have used the T mount. also many might buy a Q or M now that the news are out. :)

if you see at it as a fullframe mini S2 with fullframe sensor, i don't see anything wrong about it /besides the usual price discussion//

We wil see tonight...

The parameters sound great. But if it really looks like that, it's ugly, just ugly. ;)

its not the looks so much, though i certainly couldnt pick it out of a line up vs a sony a7, but it seems theres a lack of physical controls. that is the main issue for me on hardware aesthetics, manual control.

Back