The Monochrom as a landscape camera.

Hi Cal,

maybe I missed it so far but I can't remember any of your shots posted here on RFF. Do you have a member gallery to show you stuff or have you never scanned anything? It will all be so much easier once you just have to pop that SD card out of the Monochrom :D.

Klaus,

I'm an analog only guy who does not even scan. At the last NYC Meet-Up I brought some big wet prints, but you were not able to attend.

Also know that I'm a lazy slacker, and it seems like Leica made the perfect digital camera for a guy like me. Glad to know that the MM does not need a lot of PP and that it responds well to filters. Also liking how the MM renders with both modern and retro glass.

I'll have to start sharing pictures once I develope some digital skills.

Cal

Also know that I'm a lazy slacker, and it seems like Leica made the perfect digital camera for a guy like me. Glad to know that the MM does not need a lot of PP and that it responds well to filters. Also liking how the MM renders with both modern and retro glass.

I find it funny that you don't think you'll be into post processing. I think the exact opposite will happen for you... that you will like PP and will be doing it often.

I find it funny that you don't think you'll be into post processing. I think the exact opposite will happen for you... that you will like PP and will be doing it often.

I intend to get a loaded 15 inch Mac Book Pro, and since I have a boring day job I likely will be able to do a lot of my post at work. LOL.

I think the most fun part of photography is wandering through the city performing image capture, but I'm also looking forward to the personal challenge of learning and developing digital skills.

Cal

Cal, when you are sitting at home bored, you will find that PP ends up being something fun to do. Sure, being out with the camera is the best part of it, but being able to do PP and printing in your small apartment is the best part of digital.

Cal, when you are sitting at home bored, you will find that PP ends up being something fun to do. Sure, being out with the camera is the best part of it, but being able to do PP and printing in your small apartment is the best part of digital.

John,

No doubt that digital is convenient. I can't wait to use a MM for urban landscape here in NYC.

Cal

8282221764_e6363519ce_c.jpg

This is a very interesting thread. Some very nice shots. I'm saving up for a Digital Leica M, and would like to use it as an all around camera. At the moment, I have a Canon 5D Mark II wich is awesome for landscapes. If I can achieve consistently good landscapes results with a Leica, I might be able to let go of the Canon.

This is a very interesting thread. Some very nice shots. I'm saving up for a Digital Leica M, and would like to use it as an all around camera. At the moment, I have a Canon 5D Mark II wich is awesome for landscapes. If I can achieve consistently good landscapes results with a Leica, I might be able to let go of the Canon.

IQ is one thing, you get comparable results with high end DSRLs. But size is another, the M is pocketable, and the best camera is the cam in your hand when the light is right.
The M helps me see the subject. Really nice is long exposure, with ND filter you have no trouble with framing. Working with a grad filter can be a PITA, on the other hand.

Carsten

Ptgui

Ptgui

Are you using a tripod and gimble setup for for the stich shots?
I like Maxs Lyons forum on stiched panos.

I don't use my 5DIIs at all for personal work since picking up the MM. Its so much smaller, the files are sharper and the DR is greater.

Seriously awesome and inspiring work, Carsten. I wish I could do an MM, but I can't so I think I'm upgrading my Canon 7D to a 6D and getting a few Zeiss primes.

Back