the process of choosing...

I'm cravin' a Maria's New Mexican Kitchen Carne Adovado meal. Followed by a generous drink to extinguish the fire.

Santa Fe and Taos would be my choice. I do prefer Taos and the drive up from Santa Fe on the High Road. Longer that the 4 lane route and it takes a lot longer but well worth the journey.

I spend all my money on overseas trips, so I have no budget for new gear ...

Three Leica M digital bodies or four trips to Japan over around 10 weeks of unforgettable travel with wife and two children. Hmmm ....

I’d say buy a ticket :)

Winters in Canada are brutal and they may not outweigh the benefits of a trip to warmer pastures. If money is in short supply, consider selling, at least two of these X-E3's. This said, the X-Pro3 is worth the money, only if you need the OVF. Stay warm. Cheers, Peter

It's All About The OVF

It's All About The OVF

I use a X-Pro 2.

The only reason to buy a X-Pro 1/2/3 is for the OVF. I happen to really enjoy using the OVF. I only use the EVF with the 14/2.8 and 50/3 FX lenses.

I am not shy about buying a new body even if I really don't need one. I am not buying a X-Pro 3 because I like to use the 18/2 XF lens.

I recommend selling one of your XE-3 bodies (think of it as a $700 discount on the X-Pro 2). I would wait for black Friday and hunt for the best price for a new X-Pro 2.

I think I’m in the minority. I’d rather have the camera and photograph where I live the other 48-50 weeks of the year. However, I prefer to photograph where I live so I really get to know the place. That said, travel is important as well... especially if you live in a boring place with horrible weather. When I lived in NYC, mid winter was taxing on your mental well being. In Santiago, the weather is never a problem. I say this as someone who has travelled a good deal. It is a personal decision.

I think I’m in the minority. I’d rather have the camera and photograph where I live the other 48-50 weeks of the year. However, I prefer to photograph where I live so I really get to know the place. That said, travel is important as well... especially if you live in a boring place with horrible weather. When I lived in NYC, mid winter was taxing on your mental well being. In Santiago, the weather is never a problem. I say this as someone who has traveled a good deal. It is a personal decision.
I agree. One of the best things about photography (unless you are a studio person) is that it gets you out and about in your local area discovering new things. Travel is great but it's still shopping:p

Back