• film ... at least 80% of images

Votes: 185 49.3%
  • digital ... at least 80% of images

Votes: 62 16.5%
  • healthy mix of filmand digital

Votes: 128 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've added just over 1000 film neg scans to my catalog so far this year. But that is just under one third of the total. I do tend to delete a lot (50%?) of my digital shots after I review them, whereas the film scans are kept, for better or worse. Digital is ephemeral/virtual, but film is real, so they stay, good or bad.

I was looking at some digital options the past few days, and however tempting it is, for me there is just too much compromise at the moment. If I want to keep my M lenses (and I do), and I want a view finder, plus maybe I feel the Micro 4/3 crop factor is too much, you're reduced to two choices. M8 or R-D1, both good cameras, but both with their own problems. Also, if I was spending M8 money, I'd get an MP. R-D1 is tempting though at the right price.

I am looking for digital options for my LTM/M lenses too. Since months. At the time I cannot afford an M8; not even thinking of an M9.

Probably it will be a "digital Bessa" R-D1 or a new NEX solution with usable viewinder solution.

Nowadays I shoot fifty/fifty film and digital with my different gear. If I had a digital M lenses solution, it might switch to 30/70 for film/digital, but not more, because I really like all the mechanics (and chemistry) around the film based solutions...

Back