Canada Toronto get together Oct 27th?

vrgard

Well-known
Local time
7:09 PM
Looks like I'm heading to Toronto for business and I may have some free time on Friday, 10/27. Was thinking it would be great to meet some of my fellow rff members while there. I'll be staying downtown and don't yet know whether I'll have my own transportation so logistics may be a little complicated. Anyways, anyone interested in getting together to chat, ogle some cameras and/or share a drink?

-Randy

vrgard said:
Looks like I'm heading to Toronto for business and I may have some free time on Friday, 10/27. Was thinking it would be great to meet some of my fellow rff members while there. I'll be staying downtown and don't yet know whether I'll have my own transportation so logistics may be a little complicated. Anyways, anyone interested in getting together to chat, ogle some cameras and/or share a drink?

-Randy

Randy, this is a medium/large sized city. Meeting will depend where you are staying. Downtown, Mid town, the airport, Mississauga, Markham etc When you know where you're staying it will be easier to see who is able to meet. We live anywhere from 40-50 miles apart if you go from one side of town to the other.

Let us know then planning is possible. Have a good weekend

BTW I'm not much of an equipment junkie so it might be boring with just me; and I'm usually good for one drink on Friday's because I have classes the next morning

cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks, Jan. Yeah, I certainly understand that Toronto is a big city. I'll be staying downtown. Does that work for anyone?

-Randy

Randy, I think I could meet up downtown on Friday the 27th. There are advantages to being retired :)

Gene

And disadvantages to being not-yet-retired. Sorry, would have loved to meet up with a fellow RFF member.

That would be great, Gene. And kudos to you for getting to retirement! Let's talk closer to the date about timing & logistics. Anybody else want to join us?

-Randy

FrankS said:
And disadvantages to being not-yet-retired. Sorry, would have loved to meet up with a fellow RFF member.

Thanks for the thought, Frank. Would have liked to have met you since we've exchanged messages in the past. You sure you can't sneak downtown in the evening sometime?

-Randy

I would have loved to make it up, but my next trip to T-dot isn't until early November. After tomorrow's trip to NOTL, I'll be travelled out, and am looking forward to two weekends of doing "nothing".

Jan says the radius is 40-50 miles, but it's a bit further for me, Jan! But I could make it to Jan's cottage next summer; I think he's planning an RFF get-together there. :D

Uncle Bill said:
I am between gigs at the moment, if I am still unemployed on the 27th, I can tag along.

Bill

And if you are, Bill, then when you join us your first drink is on me! :D

-Randy

P.S. Actually, now that I think about it, first drink is on me for whomever shows up!

Last edited:
Have you been to Toronto before? I am thinking if drinks are involved and its a really small group. How about the Rebel House if Gene is in. Its mid town and really close to the subway.

Bill

Uncle Bill said:
Have you been to Toronto before? I am thinking if drinks are involved and its a really small group. How about the Rebel House if Gene is in. Its mid town and really close to the subway.

Bill

Nope, never been. I'm open to suggestions with the caveat that I'm staying downtown, won't likely have a car, and have no idea where anything is! :eek:

How close is mid town to downtown?

-Randy

I'll do my best to make it - I live downtown so it's not too hard for me. The only caveat is that I'm getting married the weekend after so there might be some "projects" that need finishing ;)

Although, since I'm getting married the next weekend maybe I really need to get out. Especially if the Rebel House is involved!

I think I might be able to make this, but I need to see what happens with work :) and with finances :(. I'll follow along on the thread, and then make a last-minute decision.

I'll be freezing my ass off fishing that weekend....I don't know why I always agree to go to these stupid fall fishing trips. Hope to have the pleasure another time, Randy.
MIke

I'm working.. and I'm working downtown.. and October 27th is my birthday so I've got a whack of plans but if it's somewhere in the downtown core I may be able to drop by for at least a "Hey!!! How are ya! Nicetameechya!!" :D

Dave

Back