Traveling light and then facing challenges

Link: https://raid.smugmug.com/Italy2017iPhone6/

Vatican

IMG_7679-X4.jpg

The old lens is a very good performer with uncoated glass. I sometimes got lazy and I did not focus too carefully, but I was tricked by the lens which has been modified to ltm, and one part of the lens barrel shows aperture settings down all the way to 32 when in fact the smallest aperture is 11. DOF guessing would be off then. The view of course is that of a 100mm lens for some compressed views, which I like.

I have to admit that I missed using my M9 then. The pre-asph Summilux 35/1.4 would have been perfect for it all.

Travel gear is always a hit-or-miss affair with me. I either take too much, or not enough. But the main thing, Raid, is you got a lot of good photos, and memories to go with them.

PF

Thanks! I have taken quite a few photos with the equipment that was with me and I enjoyed it.

I will soon upload images from the E-PL1 with the Summilux 25/1.4. I hardly noticed the weight of the E-P2 and E-PL1. It felt good. I was able to walk a lot each day, and I did not gain any weight in this trip even though I ate quite a lot of "good stuff".

Nice photos Raid, for sure it was a crowded beach! And strange people walking around, even someone with a Polaroid Land Camera!

robert

he he he.
I have checked out last evening my Land 250. It has three AAA batteries in it, and I inserted the two hair pins, as you have shown me. I seem to have 26 packs of Fuji 100C glossy film, so I am ready to start using this camera.
The beaches have gravel or small stones everywhere while we are used to soft sand beaches here.

Back