Trent Parke's new Monograph "Monument" Released this morning....

filmtwit

Desperate but not serious
Local time
10:36 AM
and already sold out. Monument

SIGH

and it was nearly a $100 for the hour or so that Stanley/Barker had it in print.
Wonder how much and how long for the 2nd edition?

(hopefully everyone had it Pre-ordered?)

Though at the moment you can order the "Artist Edition" (come with sign'd print) For about $400 plus shippiong

Second Printing/Edition of Trent Parke's Monument announced

He's an intriguing artist. Not sure if I'd buy Monument now, especially since the price went from $95 for the first edition to $129 for the second edition within weeks. Cheers, OtL

I'm clicking from Canada right now and it takes me to the US$129. Ah well. I'll have a look around for other Trent Parke books since I believe he's a very interesting contemporary artist. Cheers, OtL

Last edited:
"Amazon.ca has one used copy for CA$679.48!"

That price is quite absurd when you consider you can still get a Artist Edition straight from Stanley/Barker (comes signed and with a signed print) for $388.

Concerning Minutes after Midnight, it's been out of print for a few years and they went through a few editions of it too.

Lastly, while I can't afford (and I don't think that most of us can), you can still get signed 1st editions for his Book/Catalog "The Black Rose" for about $350 (USA dollars) plus shipping via Hugo Michell Gallery in Australia (see link below),email them first about shipping (it's not cheap) and I think you might need Shop App to pay (Don't quote me). I bring this up because Unsigned copies are about $500-$600 here in the USA.

Last edited:
"Amazon.ca has one used copy for CA$679.48!"

That price is quite absurd when you consider you can still get a Artist Edition straight from Stanley/Barker (comes signed and with a signed print) for $388.

Concerning Minutes after Midnight, it's been out of print for a few years and they went through a few editions of it too.

Lastly, while I can't afford (and I don't think that most of us can), you can still get signed 1st editions for his Book/Catalog "The Black Rose" for about $350 (USA dollars) plus shipping via Hugo Michell Gallery in Australia (see link below),email them first about shipping (it's not cheap) and I think you might need Shop App to pay (Don't quote me). I bring this up because Unsigned copies are about $500-$600 here in the USA.

I have one of the signed first edition copies if The Black Rose. The photos are great (but I still think Dream/Life is his best work) and at that price it’s a steal, really, particularly if you look at AbeBooks and see that all his books have sold out of print and essentially instantly increased hugely in market price. I am, of course, fully aware that $AU388 is a lot of money, and a lot more than a lot if people have to splash on a book.

Marty

Last edited:
I have one of the signed first edition copies if The Black Rose. The photos are great (but I still think Dream/Life is his best work) and at that price it’s a steal, really.

Marty
So do I, but I bought it a few years ago and I think I paid about $200 plus shipping at the time (and had to jump threw a few hoops to get it (see above). I'd love to just see a copy of Dream/Life or Seventh Wave. But I don't think you'll find many copies outside of Australia

So do I, but I bought it a few years ago and I think I paid about $200 plus shipping at the time (and had to jump threw a few hoops to get it (see above). I'd love to just see a copy of Dream/Life or Seventh Wave. But I don't think you'll find many copies outside of Australia

Yes, copies if those books they are mostly here. They are pricey too.

Right now, I'm more interested in Minutes to Midnight than Monument. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. Cheers, OtL.

That one at least seems to be broadly available across continents. But it also got very expensive very fast. Good luck.

Right now, I'm more interested in Minutes to Midnight than Monument. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. Cheers, OtL.

Books o Million has a copy $45, but reviews of Books O Million are less than stellar

Reviews

So buyer beware here.

Second Printing/Edition of Trent Parke's Monument announced

Thanks for the HU, just pre-ordered the second edition of "Monument". I have "Minutes to Midnight" and like Parke's photographic style a lot. Reminds a little of "Raven" by Fukase Masahisa.

Trent Parke´s books just go up in value. He's one of the only people who make a living selling prints and books without having to do anything else. I see no harm in buying a $130 book that will just go up in value. It is sure to double and most likely even more...even the second edition. I would not let that price stop you. Most Stanley Barker's books are almost a sure thing to appreciate.

Minutes to Midnight is already expensive in all editions. You are looking at $250+ at the cheapest. I think I paid $40. I'm glad I bought them in the past. I decided against Monument just because I have enough of his work and his B&W work is not my favorite.

Back