Uncommon, Rare, and Collector's Delights.

Why the two would not be the same- LOTS of sample to sample deviation in the Jupiters. 1950 J-3's, a real learning curve involved.

At Infinity of the misbehaved lens: if the Focus Ring indicates Infinity, but the RF drives past it, the actual focus is past infinity, AND you are using it with an M-Mount adapter, Put a thin ring in between the lens and the adapter. Or buy some cheap, try them out.

Another sample of the Chiyoko Super Rokkor 50/2. This time wide open, ISO 6400, M 240 late at night. The footbridge is new construction across the Eau Claire river in Eau Claire at Phoenix Park. Note how high the water level was last night :eek:

L1008140-1.jpg

Awesome, thank you!
Ok, got home and mounted it and it, like the Canon 50/1.4 is right at 180 degrees from infinity to minimum focus.

For comparison my Cosina Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton is 90 degrees but my Nikkor 50/2 is about 300 o_O so there you go :)

Ok, got home and mounted it and it, like the Canon 50/1.4 is right at 180 degrees from infinity to minimum focus.

For comparison my Cosina Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton is 90 degrees but my Nikkor 50/2 is about 300 o_O so there you go :)
Really interesting to track the variations — I’m more of a fan of those in the 140-270 range and have “had to sell” off some in the 90 range that I just couldn’t nail focus with.

Meyer Hotshoe-mount Rangefinder

group.jpg

dial%20side.jpg

In response to post #397 from milescl, there is currently another rigid 5cm/f2 Sonnar for sale on eBay, it has serial number 1866252. The list in this post does not appear to include this serial number

In response to post #397 from milescl, there is currently another rigid 5cm/f2 Sonnar for sale on eBay, it has serial number 1866252. The list in this post does not appear to include this serial number
Keen eye! I’ll update the list shortly

This one is very rare. I used to hit all the camera shows in the area, and many antique shows and stores. Some rare stuff popped up, mostly before Ebay.

The camera is fascinating, but I find the image interesting too. It's a while ago but do you remember which camera you used to take it? I have an odd fascination with date backs, and don't remember seeing one before that formats the dates as YYYY/MM/DD rather than the more usual YY MM DD.

I bought this finder a couple of years ago on a local site, according to my reading it's a VISET. It has 3,5/5,0/9/13,5 settings. What would be the correct contemporary Leica for this type of finder?

20230619_143753-jpg.4823783
View attachment 4823784
It is a VISET and dates from 1931-1932. It would be contemporary with Leica models I and II (or C and D). Search for Leica Accessory Guide and see a very interesting "booklet" on the BUTKUS web site.

Bill

The camera is fascinating, but I find the image interesting too. It's a while ago but do you remember which camera you used to take it? I have an odd fascination with date backs, and don't remember seeing one before that formats the dates as YYYY/MM/DD rather than the more usual YY MM DD.
It's a Digital P&S, my Ricoh CX-5, bought used for $30. My grab and go project camera.

I last used a Nikon N8008s with MF-21 Databack, and F3HP with MF-14. But- been a while.

I might have post this here before somewhere, but this a rare Zuiho Japanese-made Honor Leica III copy that I just lucked into by chance one day on eBay in an out place listing with no associated fan-fare. It is in close to new condition, except for some deterioration on the film counter dial numbering. There are a few of these traded in Japan, but they are rare here. This one appears never to have been used! Someone obviously bought it decades ago, stored it away, and now it sees the light of day!

Back