Unique opportunity for Noctilux 0.95 gear, £110 get yours now

Rumour has it that soon, for those who can't afford the 0.95 range, Leica will release a special summarit '2.5' range in association with Bic biros.

It is scary to think that there is someone, somewhere going to spend 110GBP on a steel (I think ?) keyring.

That's more than I spent on the last lens I bought :eek:

The Wall Street Journal reported that Leica has filed for the intellectual property rights for the decimel "0.95". Make sure you tell your kids to file for an exception with their lawyer before their next math exam.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Leica has filed for the intellectual property rights for the decimel "0.95". Make sure you tell your kids to file for an exception with their lawyer before their next math exam.

How can they have intellectual property rights for a decimal? Particularly one that Canon achieved in this context in 1961? :confused:

I've got one of those fountain pens but I've taped over the logo in case someone wants to steal it.

(just in case anyone thought I was serious, I actually use a £15 Lamy fountain)

I wonder how long it will take before someone paints the lettering black for it so be more "street style".

I have been painting lettering feet (numbers) black on manual lenses since the 70ies on Nikon lenses and I do the same on Leica lenses to this day (I hate feet!). I know it is not the same what you referring to, but just my 2c.

I have one of these thingies :
Got to save somewhere :D

61mt4Jp8DuL._SL1500_.jpg

Certainly I agree this is a silly idea from Leica, but not necessarily those items are overpriced.
A normal S.T. Dupont lighter (without the 0.95 logo) goes easily for more than 1K USD, those are already expensive.

Can't comment about standard prices for the other items, I mean, same maker but without the logo. Probably same situation.

Hi,

When are they going to start giving away freebies, to their regular users?

Obviously the wearers and carriers will go for this stuff but I reckon we deserve something...

Regards, David

I wonder how long it will take before someone paints the lettering black for it so be more "street style".

Will a Leica-licensed scrimshaw artist be made available to place a red dot on the key ring? suitably recompensed of course.

My kids are grown up and didn't like math anyway, they'll be glad to hear. Probably my grandson as well.

Back