Canada Up for another Toronto gathering?

vrgard

Well-known
Local time
5:17 PM
Looks like I'm heading back to Toronto next week. Anybody up for a gathering and/or shooting Friday afternoon/evening March 30th? You guys were such great hosts last time I visited I can't wait to do it again!

-Randy

Regrets from me, sorry. I'm more than a bit north of the city and work on Fridays, so please enjoy without me!

Hey Randy,

I'll be closer to where you live next week Friday.
I'll be in Vegas....

Cheers
Dave

I'll most likely be free. Hope the weather next week allows for more than it did in October. I'll try to come up with a pub & photo possibilities. Suggestions from anyone else interested will be much appreciated.

Guy

grainhound said:
I'll most likely be free. Hope the weather next week allows for more than it did in October. I'll try to come up with a pub & photo possibilities. Suggestions from anyone else interested will be much appreciated.

Guy

Excellent! Thanks, Guy. Really looking forward to reconnecting with you guys.

-Randy

I think I'm out of town also Randy, if not I could hook up for a few hours. BTW the weather here is like Chicago.. ie it's not nice and warm.

cheers, Jan

i was in shirt sleeves today in edmonton!!

spring has sprung, thank goodness!

hope you guys have a great visit.

any chance of getting to montreal in may randy?

Thanks for the, er, ah, warning about the weather guys. Yeah, I figured it was still too early to be sunny and warm there. But the client called so I gotta go...

Really sorry you won't be around, Jan. We didn't get that much time to chat last time and I was looking forward to more.

And Joe, as for Montreal, as much as I would like to visit I don't see that happening. Not only do I not have any clients there but I also have other travel plans already scheduled for that month. Would be great fun and I'm sorryto miss it.

Okay, guess I better go dig out my "woolies" for this trip (I'm a cold weather wimp!).

-Randy

Frank & Dave, sorry to miss you guys. Didn't get to meet you last time and was hoping to do so on this trip. Oh, Frank, as far as being a bit north of the city, I'm not going to be downtown this time (unless that ends up being the gathering place) since I'm meeting clients up in the Richmond Hill/Markham area. Don't know if that's any closer to you or not.

-Randy

Randy, not like I made it last time ... wish I could this time ... itha's my birthday and I think my SO might have plans, but YOU GUYS MAKE ME AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE AND... :D :D :D ... as long as the offer includes cab fare to my crash pad in Brampton. :D

I was talking to Cam, owner of the Harp in Port Credit (on the lake just outside Toronto), and he said he'd look after us very well if we let him know we were coming....private room etc. Gene knows him as well, and I missed the last RFF meeting there....really pretty. Maybe when the weather is better.....he kept feeding me grilled octopus, oysters, and 8 year old cheddar....jeezus it was good.
As for next Friday keep me posted, should be able to make it. Montreal is looking bleaker I'm afraid; if my son makes the Hamilton AAA Peewee baseball team I may be in scenic Mississauga for the long weekend. If he gets cut I'm in, that's a promise.
-Mike

MICHAEL!

Please don't let my wife be right! She said that most of you (RFFers) will cancel out. I hate it when she's right!

That goes for all you others too!

The Harp on Port Credit sounds great to me. Exotic environment (I live in the desert), good food...

But perhaps wait a bit? As in May or June? Not used to cold weather...

I guess I've just got a strong itch to go to Canada, land of mystery.

All baseball parks look alike.....I'm tired of them, believe me. But if he plays for the Jays, you guys will all be invited to my (future) condo in Dunedin Florida. That's a promise......
Hey, you can always dream.....

FrankS said:
MICHAEL!

Please don't let my wife be right! She said that most of you (RFFers) will cancel out. I hate it when she's right!

That goes for all you others too!

i can see it now...me and frank in a cheap hotel in montreal...:bang:

Back