vitessa ultron 50/f2

Great stuff and strange synchronicity, today I just loaded up my Vitessa, same model as yours, and my Contax II with uncoated Sonnar f2

Last edited:
I too have a vitessa with Ultron 50 and I think it's a great combo!
Ciao
Nico

U5152I1203818991.SEQ.0.jpg

U5152I1200796607.SEQ.0.jpg

U5152I1210026412.SEQ.0.jpg

Good tone, I love your bw images... the train is very old. I have 5 Vitessa cams with ultron len (only ultron) and I love them very much, and used two A series, one is first and another like your baby.
This is some picture of Vitessa L Ultron:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3690/02900031wo4.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/126/02900001xp5.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5030/02920098dg2.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9650/02920026hn4.jpg

I use my vitessa only for b/w but your and Alex's photos show a nice colour rendition (better than I thought actually) of the good ol' ultron ...

I love my Vitessa, I reckon it's the best image quality to money spent ratio of any camera Ive got. I bought it and loaded it with film then forgot about it. By the time I came to shoot with it I'd forgotten what film was in it. Turned out it was Centuria slide film and I was guessing exposures so I wasnt hopeful for the results. When I got it back I couldnt believe my eyes! Maybe I got lucky but this is one sweet camera.

2989375190_deac3fcb6f.jpg

Great images Alex.

Last edited:
Wei Alex! Haode, great stuff! I had no idea this camera was so good for color. I like the color pictures in #4, and the crisp black & white shots in #12. I'll have to give color a try with mine, although I am mainly a black & white user. My camera is almost the same as yours, except mine has the accessory shoe built-in and has a pc connection on the bomb door for flash synch. These interesting and handy cameras are real bargains -- great glass and available in good shape for much less than even an ugly Leica LTM body alone. A mystery!

Lao Cai.
meiguo sanfanshi

Last edited:
..... These interesting and handy cameras are real bargains -- great glass and available in good shape for much less than even an ugly Leica LTM body alone. A mystery! ....

Ssshhhh! do you want their price to raise up? ;)

But Nico, you have so many! A rise in price might be in your interest! :) These cameras are so well made and finished, and have such quality optics and mechanics, that I have always wondered why they are not more highly valued in the market. You can see much more common, less interesting (to me) 70s Japanese RFs at similar prices. In addition to being marvels of German engineering and fabrication, they are truly beautiful examples of modern industrial design. I need to stop before I get over excited...

But Nico, you have so many! A rise in price might be in your interest! :) These cameras are so well made and finished, and have such quality optics and mechanics, that I have always wondered why they are not more highly valued in the market.... In addition to being marvels of German engineering and fabrication, they are truly beautiful examples of modern industrial design. I need to stop before I get over excited...

I'd like to have many but, actually, I'm the proud owner of just one Vitessa A2. :D
I completely agree with you about the quality of optics and mechanics but, I know it's completely irrelevant for photography, the Vitessas have an irresistible design!

I just found this link. It's never too late to learn something new!
http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/vitessa/vitessaeng.html
I found out that my model is the Vitessa A5. I was not aware of the numerous variants of the Vitessa. Nico, I'll bet you already know this site, as it is of Italian origin. Ciao!

Yes, I already knew that site, it has been very useful while I was looking for the camera on the 'bay!

Ciao :)

Nico,

Mea culpa. I stumbled upon this thread very late and I confused you with an earlier poster who mentioned having mulitiple Vitessas. Like you, I am a one Vitessa man, to which I remain constant. I share your enthusiasm for the gorgeous and irresistible design of this camera. I think design is an important factor in the overall aesthetic experience of using old cameras. If one does not find that part of the process rewarding, then it's hard to justify the elaborate old camera dance, since contemporary gear offers an easier experience. I think you'd agree that it's just not the same thing. Not at all. And the Vitessa -- especially an A series Ultron -- is the piece de resistance of 50s small cameras.

ciao!
Lao Cai.

Nico, Mea culpa. I stumbled upon this thread very late and I confused you with an earlier poster who mentioned having mulitiple Vitessas.
:D lol :D

I think you'd agree that it's just not the same thing. Not at all. And the Vitessa -- especially an A series Ultron -- is the piece de resistance of 50s small cameras. ciao! Lao Cai.
I coooompletely agree :)

SimonSE15 and kisssss nice photos,
here some new from me:

A phone call?

almost kissing

2 friends

Hope you'll enjoy,
ciao!

Back