Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color-Heliar Photos thread

No posts in over 6 years! Anyone still using this lens? I just picked up a copy for a steal due to some internal dust (nothing worse than what I've seen in older Canon LTM lenses) and ran a test roll using it. Seems like a solid performer!

Canon P + Heliar 75/2.5 + Yellow 15 + Arista Edu 100
MToz6GT.jpg

My alltime favorite 75mm lens - I love the bokeh :angel:
Unfortunately the pics are damn small here ...
attachment.php

With NEX-5n. @f2.5

Attachments

• 5Nb_02247_jiw.jpg
    5Nb_02247_jiw.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
Great images! It really is a sleeper lens. You just need a well-calibrated RF. Or an EVF and you don’t care. Amazingly, I think Head Bartender still has new-old stock of the lens for sale.

This lens seems to be an excellent performer overall. I still use the Lux 75 1.4 instead.

I try to use my Lux mainly wide open at 1.4. It brings out small details very well. I can take a photo of a lake or Gulf, and while the view appear as being plain and without details in the water, the resulting images may reveal many different shades and layers of details in the water color and texture.

I got a secondhand copy of this lens in about 2009 and used it with the Zeiss Ikon. M9 and Ricoh GXR. As nice as the images were, 75mm wasn't really my bag, even though I snapped up a super deal on a Summarit 75 a few years later. The Heliar came with me to Japan in 2010 but only took a small fraction of the images, most of which were by 21, 35 and 50. So I traded in the Heilar along with a couple of other lenses to get the Distagon 35, which was an excellent choice for me, because I use that lens all the time. Here are a few images from the Heliar 75.

M9 - Suspended in Time by Archiver, on Flickr

M9 - One Tree by Archiver, on Flickr

Back