Voigtlander APO-Skopar 90/f2.8 VM

It bears a striking resemblance to my 1973 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit "fat." See https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/90mm_f/2.8_Tele-Elmarit for specs and pics.
If the price is right, and people are still paying crazy amounts for anything with "Leica" on it, I might look into selling the old lens and buying this new one. The CV is about 100g lighter, too!

Precisely my thinking. I’ve had the fat Tele Elmarit as long as I’ve had my M2 and I like it a lot, but I don’t love it. Unfortunately there’s never been much in the way of alternatives for a compact 90/f2.8.

I suspect I would be able to sell the Leitz for about the same as the APO-Skopar, which to me would make it a no brainer.

This and the 35/f2 Ultron would make such a nice compact travel kit for my M2 (assuming image quality is in line with Voigtlanders other recent offerings).

It’s coming in Nikon F mount too! Wow, extremely compact. Based on the rumored Japanese prices, it looks to be around ~$600 for the F-mount version and ~$850 for the M-mount version. But actual pricing has not yet been announced.

FBo1-o_VgAEsVxI?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

It’s coming in Nikon F mount too! Wow, extremely compact. Based on the rumored Japanese prices, it looks to be around ~$600 for the F-mount version and ~$850 for the M-mount version. But actual pricing has not yet been announced.

Very interesting! Where did you come across that? I can't find any mention of it on the interwebs.

Hard to see how they would manage to use the APO-Skopar for both rangefinder and SLR mount, given the RF optical diagram appears to have two elements quite close to the rear of the barrel.

Very interesting! Where did you come across that? I can't find any mention of it on the interwebs.

Hard to see how they would manage to use the APO-Skopar for both rangefinder and SLR mount, given the RF optical diagram appears to have two elements quite close to the rear of the barrel.

It's where all rumors come from, but it is not possible to link it from RFF because the site sees a swear word in the name of the company and automatically censors it, even within the URL! It is called Nokish*ta (without the symbol) and they post leaks on twitter.

The optical diagram does not show where the barrel ends, only where the lens elements end. So it is definitely possible to port this over, and even likely, given the distance of many medium telephoto lens designs from the image plane. Cosina previously did this with the original APO-Lanthar 90mm f/3.5 for LTM...it was sold in the SL barrel for Nikon F-mount (and Canon EF and M42 mounts I think). So it is no surprise they have decided to do it again.

What’s not to like here? I’d like to see some more sample images but this will be not possible to resist - small, reasonable price tag, looks like a nice build. I’d lean toward the Nikon version probably.

Voigt M 90 B S.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Voigt M 90 B S.jpg Views:	183 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	4753649
12/2/2021 The new Viogtlander M and AIS mount 90mm F2.8 APO SKOPARs are now in stock and shipping. $799 for M including the reversible lens hood or $699 for Nikon AIS mount.

Specs include
10 Aperture Blades for Beautiful Bokeh
Full Metal mechanism, Smooth manual focus operation
Classic M rangefinder focusing
Full Frame Image Circle
2 versions to choose from: Black or Silver Lens Barrels
39mm Filter size
Reversible Lens Hood included
7 elements, 7 lens groups, 5 special glass elements
Aperture range F2.8 to F22
Close Focusing Minimum Focus .9m or 35"
Diameter 53mm, 60mm Length from camera mount
Weight 250 grams or 8.8oz
Besides the APO sharpness, at 8.8oz this is one of the smallest lightest M 90mm lenses ever produced.
The same is true for the small lightweight Nikon F version.

CLICK HERE to Check both lens mounts out in our New Arrival Section, along with the new Nikon 28/2.8 Aspheric!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Voigt M 90 B S w hood.jpg Views:	138 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	4753650
Thanks for looking,

Stephen

Very interesting - kudos to Cosina Voitlander. The F Mount looks really great too. Wonder how it will compare to the thin 90mm 2.8 TE. 11800.

Perhaps more even across the field sharpness, less flare, smoother bokeh?

This new 90mm from Cosina looks awesome. I am a fan of this focal length and it's great to see Cosina is giving it attention again.

Back