Voigtlander Heliar Classic 50mm f1.5

Here’s several more photos, from Martinez and the Sacramento Camera Swap last Sunday. These were shot on Lomography Berlin Kino, which turns out to be very grainy, so I don’t know how much it tells us about the Heliar Classic lens. Leica M3, Voigtlander Heliar Classic 50mm f1.5:

923592A9-2260-4CB4-A41B-865F8ED6178A.jpeg

These were shot on Lomography Berlin Kino, which turns out to be very grainy, so I don’t know how much it tells us about the Heliar Classic lens.

Bingley, Lomography Berlin Kino may or may not be re-badged ORWO N74+. Some sleuthing on Lomography's own developing guide website shows ORWO edge markings. Check out my post on the ORWO N74+ thread here on the forum:
https://www.rangefinderforum.com/node/114778?p=4259320#post4259320

I shot through a bulk roll of ORWO N74+ and found it to be quite grainy compared to other 400 speed films.

Robert, thank you. I commend you on plodding through my meanderings. Thanks also to Eric and Steve for this thread and showcasing the 50 Heliar.

gelatin silver print (heliar classic 50mm f1.5) leica mp

Erik.

51745496899_14dd412bea_b.jpg

One week without new photos! Please post some more, I like them :)

Question: is it my impression or the best condition in which this lens shows such a nice charachter is with low or diffused light, like cloudy sky or interior?
Just my impression which of course could be wrong!

Any comment? Thanks

One week without new photos! Please post some more, I like them :)

Question: is it my impression or the best condition in which this lens shows such a nice charachter is with low or diffused light, like cloudy sky or interior?
Just my impression which of course could be wrong!

Any comment? Thanks

I always work on 200 ISO. To take pictures in the sunshine @ f1.5 asks for shutter speeds like 1/2000 ...

Erik.

Is my memory wrong or there was a different photo in the first post ?
Just curious! The actual photo is good anyway :)

Back