W/NW: Dogs

This is my other Sibe. Mishka with Tanya not wanting to be left out. They both get a lot of attention when we are out due mainly to their piercing blue eyes. Alan.

Attachments

• gc004.jpg
    gc004.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
I love this thread

Say hi to Angus and Jake

Attachments

• natura037.jpg
    natura037.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 0
  • natura039.jpg
    natura039.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
Lucy & Dylan

U3424I1157576500.SEQ.0.jpg

U3424I1157576497.SEQ.0.jpg

Piercing blue eyes? I'll give you piercing blue eyes. Here's what can happen when a Siberian Husky falls in love with a Border Collie.

I met this ravishing creature at a schoolyard where we used to walk my late dog Harpo. Sorry, it's digital, but with the B&Ws of blue-eyed dogs, I couldn't resist.

A few people who have seen this have claimed I photoshopped the eyes in. I did not.

--Peter

Attachments

• P3120780BluEyes.jpg
    P3120780BluEyes.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
one of my producers french kissing another producer's dog. yuk!

taken on a QL17 on Tri-X.

- chris

Attachments

• bobdog french kiss.jpg
    bobdog french kiss.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Peter Klein said:
Piercing blue eyes? I'll give you piercing blue eyes. Here's what can happen when a Siberian Husky falls in love with a Border Collie.

Border Collies can have blue eyes, you know -- it's hard to tell going by looks (since Border Collies can look like pretty much anything) but from this photo, the dog could easily pass as purebred.

I like creepy yellow eyes, myself (sorry for the dSLR shot):

196909243_096b9e74a0_o.jpg

Melanie: The owner of "'ol Blue Eyes" told me that one parent had two blue eyes, and the other had one blue eye and one yellow one. (I don't even want to think about the genetic diagram for that combination!). And the parents were indeed a Husky and a Border Collie. This dog is *big*--he's the size of a Golden Retriever, but with recognizable Border Collie-ish markings.

Hope we encounter the owner again, I want to give her a print.

--Peter

excellent photo

excellent photo

I love the angle and expression on your dog's face. I'm reading a novel called "Bunnicula" and it makes me think of the author. Yes, the author is a dog. ...

MelanieC said:
A large predator appears through the trees:

242884738_49b9e25565_o.jpg

So Melanie--what with being involved in the ---Canine Behavioral Genetics Project, UCSF--how many dogs do you have? All border collies?
Paul

I have two dogs -- both Border Collies.

I used to have a Papillon as well, but he didn't get along with the Border Collie in my photos (which with a seven-fold difference in body size can be fatal), and so now he lives with an agility competitor in Modesto and her other Papillon, yapping and swimming and playing with someone his own size.

My first Border Collie, who is my most frequent model, is a behavior case and the reason I ended up working on this project in the first place!

I do plan on adding another Border Collie in the next few years. Just waiting for the right time, the right breeding, and the right puppy.

Mad Molly

Mad Molly

Two pics of friends' Springer Spaniel, 'Mad' Molly. A nightmare with the contrast ..... :)

They and she a bit calmer since the puppies ....

Attachments

• GoodGolly.jpg
    GoodGolly.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • mol2.jpg
    mol2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
Jack

Jack

This is Jack, one of my two mutts. Taken with the first shots on my newly acquired Rolleiflex.
Nick

Attachments

• Jack-003_2.jpg
    Jack-003_2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
One more of Jack

One more of Jack

My Shepherd-like dog, Jack

Nick

Attachments

• Jack-M650ZM-10_06-001.jpg
    Jack-M650ZM-10_06-001.jpg