W/NW Macro (also called Micro) photographs

lynnb

Mentor
Local time
2:43 AM
I couldn't find a W/NW thread for sharing macro photographs, even though rangefinder macro photography is possible with the Leica Macro-Adapter M. Digilux cameras are also macro-capable, although the bulk of macro photography is probably the province of SLRs with macro* lenses.

Whatever equipment you use, feel welcome to share your macro photographs in this thread! Please include only photos where magnification/close focus is used, rather than normal magnification and subject distance.

I would include in this category pictures taken with a Rolleinar 3, for example, which enables close focus with a TLR.

*Nikon calls their macro lenses "Micro-Nikkor", which makes sense for a company with a long history in microscopy.

I'll start this thread off with a picture taken with the AF Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 on a Nikon F80 on HP5+ in D76.

U27021I1559028625.SEQ.0.jpg

Here's a dead bee positioned on the mic's stage and held in place by a matchstick resting on it.

Bee%2004-XL.jpg

And here's what it looks like at the edge of the wing.

Bee%2007-XL.jpg

This was done years ago with a cheap, second-hand 3 megapixel camera to demonstrate how easy it was with no special apparatus needed...

Regards, David

Back