W/NW : Motorcycles

From what I can see of your series, cars don't seem as numerous on the streets as in our large cities in the US, perhaps due to the fact that scooters haven't really caught on here yet. However, I see more and more scooters every year. I even have a Taiwan-made scooter (SYM HD 200) in addition to my motorcycle.

From what I can see of your series, cars don't seem as numerous on the streets as in our large cities in the US, perhaps due to the fact that scooters haven't really caught on here yet. However, I see more and more scooters every year. I even have a Taiwan-made scooter (SYM HD 200) in addition to my motorcycle.
Hi Ted,
Gas is expensive in Taiwan, $4.25/ga, w per capta income 1/2 of US, so it's $8.50/g, compare to $4.19/ga in Los Angeles. So everyone buys 100-150cc scooter, easier to get on and off by both man and woman.
Car tax was collected according to your engine displacement, 1.3L Fit/Honda, US$100 a year, 5.3L Suburban US$1,000 (not exact number but you know the idea) Like Japan, parking here is a problem, the price of one parking space of where you live (apartment building), may cost you as much as US$30,000-$50,000. So, in Taipei, people just take a cab or Metro train.
City like Los Angeles was designed for cars, you drive to your nearest 7-11, In n Out, Walmart or LA Metro rail station.
I'm surprised you bought a SYM HD 200, SYM's been around for maybe 30 yrs, I believe they are connected to Japan Honda Co., great scooter/motor bike
http://youtu.be/5YvRRr15vRY

I drove to Ajo, Organ Pipe Cactus N Park, Nogales, Tucson, before, the car I borrowed from my brother broke down in Jerome...called triple A, and towed down to Prescott...
I was always wondering what really happened to Travis Walton...
Thanks!

Just a couple found recently:

9321139904_4a0d40041e_c.jpg

Adox Silvermax D-23 7 min iiic/f Canon 35mm f2 LTM
Motorway (M6 service area)

9259405961_f4c421cc2a_c.jpg

Three for £50 is for the shirts !!!!

Leica M2 Acros 100 D-23 7 mins 35mm Zeiss f2
Cheshire Oaks Shopping Centre

this is a picture taken last May at a local exhibition of "old glories"; I took it with a FED3B and a Industar 26 on a Lucky SHD 100 developed with Caffenol.
MV was a glorious Italian motorbike, it seems the company is going to manufacture again soon.

Attachments

• Motorbike1.jpg
    Motorbike1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
Wondered about that myself. Never seen such a critter in the US. Reminds me of my late nineties Suzuki VX800 which was also a V-twin.

dayrell--that's the Yamaha tuning forks--is that a Yamaha engine?
Looks suspiciously HD or S+S...
Paul
Don't be discouraged, Harley seems to have been the source of significant input into the design. Narrow angle V with inherent primary out of balance forces, and hottest part of the hottest running cylinder located in optimum location for minimum possible cooling airflow, are all cues straight from Milwaukee. Bet it goes like all the hounds of hell are chasing it, though.
Cheers
Brett

Brett--re the cooling--HD is now going to limited water cooling for some of the 2014 line. The heresy! But--they were out of options for the Twin Cam and Indian and Triumph are snapping at their heels.
Will be interesting to watch the outcome...
Paul

Brett--re the cooling--HD is now going to limited water cooling for some of the 2014 line. The heresy! But--they were out of options for the Twin Cam and Indian and Triumph are snapping at their heels.
Will be interesting to watch the outcome...
Paul
Indeed! But emissions and noise targets are easier to meet with liquid cooling so I can understand this.

Historically, I always fancied the XR1000, some of the reasons for which, I touched on above. I think I still do, a bit. I don't mind fettling Dell Ortos.
Cheers
Brett

Back