W/NW: Pictures of Picture Takers

193.jpg

154.jpg

Both are of my brother on the same lazy Sunday afternoon. Ran out of film for my Moskva 5 (with which the first one was taken - seems a bit soft/dull, doesn't it?) so the second one was with the Maxxum 5D digiSLR.

Great thread guys!

Kind regards
Kjetil

Taken with an SLR (sorry), during a photo class field trip a few years ago.

Attachments

• PaulThePhotographer.jpg
    PaulThePhotographer.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 0
While planning for a family vacation to the Yucatan penisula of Mexico (Cancun) I spent considerable amounts of time deciding which camera/lens combination to bring in order to capture the beauty of the Mayan ruins at Chichen-Itza. I ended up bringing practically all ( I won't list them ).

Anyway, when I saw this tourist with her camera phone taking pictures of the thousand year-old ruins....

Taken with one of the 2 Mamiya 6 cameras that I took on the trip..

Attachments

• w-nw-chichen.jpg
    w-nw-chichen.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
The "official PJ" at a tractor pull competition - Hillsdale, NY - May 21, 2006....

Attachments

• Picture-of-Picture-Takers--.jpg
    Picture-of-Picture-Takers--.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 0
Me and my friend Sara taking a picture in Paris, September 2003.
We were "caught" by another friend of mine with his Digicam.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
My Photo

My Photo

Taken with a Nikon F with 50 f2 lens. Sorry it was an SLR, both the person taking the photos and I own Leicas, does that count?

Bill

Attachments

• My portrait.jpg
    My portrait.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
Japanese tourists in the Louvre...

Attachments

• Paris2003_076.jpg
    Paris2003_076.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 0
My tractor pull PJ - this time in beautiful B&W ;)

Edit: Oops. BTW, Bessa R2S w/Nikkor 5.0cm using XP-2 on May 21, 2006 in Hillsdale, New York

2nd Edit: No way to do this one w/o having the post come out of his head!! ;)

Attachments

• Picture of Picture Takers II.jpg
    Picture of Picture Takers II.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
my friend caught me taking a pic...and the pic I took...as per request :)

Attachments

• Jumping.jpg
    Jumping.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
  • chrisandclimbers.jpg
    chrisandclimbers.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nuno said:
Japanese tourists in the Louvre...

WOW OMG, look at the size of that guy's camera! The guy in the white vest, his camera is HUGE!!! WOW!!! Is he a Photographer?

hahah
thats the expression that I got far too many times when I used to walk around with my 20D. People would then ask does it do that "twisty-thing" with the lens.
I chuckle to myself then, and I smile now whenever I see somebody lugging around one of those battery-leeches.

I do enjoy my film RF cameras.

erikhaugsby said:

WOW OMG, look at the size of that guy's camera! The guy in the white vest, his camera is HUGE!!! WOW!!! Is he a Photographer?

hahah
thats the expression that I got far too many times when I used to walk around with my 20D. People would then ask does it do that "twisty-thing" with the lens.
I chuckle to myself then, and I smile now whenever I see somebody lugging around one of those battery-leeches.

I do enjoy my film RF cameras.

Hey, I don't understand your 'tude on this.

If someone else's enjoyment of photography includes using a 200 on a SLR why does this bother you?

Does everyone have to march to the beat of your photographic drummer?

Maybe a little respect for alternative approaches would enable you to embrace the whole community of photographers and not just your personal viewpoint?

Just a thought that maybe you could cut some slack for appreciating what other people enjoy?

Back