W/NW Pictures with Jupiter 3

goamules

Well-known
Local time
6:22 PM
I'd heard Sonnars were good for color, so shot a roll of Velvia 50 through my new Jupiter 3. The shots were amazing, but I don't have any scanned yet. So I took a walk with the G1 at sunset to try it on that body.

6265506930_34b953d17e_b.jpg

6264977333_e9fe49ba0b_b.jpg

Slideshow of more from the walk with the 63 Jupiter 3:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettsphotos/sets/72157627817177697/show/

I'll post some Velvia shots when I can scan them.

Thanks. I think I'm going to compare the Jupiter 3 to my Canon 1.5 this weekend. Here are another two on Velvia 50.

6280469669_1029cfa855_b.jpg

6280986854_0404d334f8_b.jpg

Sorry I missed this when first started. I believe 63 was a good year for Jupiter 3 glass. Mine is a 63. After shimming it's a near favorite lens. It would be interesting to compare serial #'s.

Wanted to shoot some fabric to test one of my recently acquired Jupiter 3 lenses (50mm f 1.5 - this one from 1961). Therefore took a (new :)) suit, an old watch and a FED 2 for which I just had finished the repair (new shutter curtains) for a fellow member.

6602088875_2c741caa8c_b.jpg

(shot taken with flash light at f 5.6 on a M8.2)

Indeed interesting Greg; would you like to start a separate thread for the serials?
Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. I went to get my J-3 for the serial # & low & behold it's not a 63 at all but a N6002015. All this time I thought it was a 63? Now I'm scratching my head how I came up with the year 63.:eek: Loosing my mind. Anyhow early 60 models are good.:)

Here is something completely different. Shot yesterday night (24 march) at the On the Run tour of McCartney - the J3 is also draws very nice for these 'night shots':

Fireworks on stage during the performance of Live & Let Die
6868943684_3d293a5307_b.jpg

another one
6868943712_0cd6ae6795_b.jpg

amazing color and contrast.
indeed very nice pictures from Russia where the lens was made, the pictures capture the true Russian winter atmosphere for me...

Last week I got another J3 from Russia, one from 1956. I could test it last weekend at some flower arrangements when visiting mother at Easter....the sun was shining very low in her window late afternoon capturing the flowers. I took this one with the lens at f 2 or f 2.8.

7065725147_b0428e5665_b.jpg

amazing color and contrast.
I also like this model Jupiter. Snx!
indeed very nice pictures from Russia where the lens was made, the pictures capture the true Russian winter atmosphere for me...

Last week I got another J3 from Russia, one from 1956. I could test it last weekend at some flower arrangements when visiting mother at Easter....the sun was shining very low in her window late afternoon capturing the flowers. I think I took this one with the lens at f 2.8.

snx Ron! your shot good color!

That's stunning, Ron. I've never done something like that. I assume you just used a tripod and rotated slightly?

Incidentally, the last time I was in the Netherlands was when I was about 10. That is EXACTLY how I remember it! Beautiful place.

That's stunning, Ron. I've never done something like that. I assume you just used a tripod and rotated slightly?

Very interesting indeed! I like to do software stitching of digital images, but to do the same with film shots... I don't see myself taking 100+ film exposures, scanning them and than stitch them :eek: But two or 3, I can still manage that ;)

Thank you Tony. Actually I shot both pictures handheld, and honestly at that time I hadn't planned to make it a pano. But once I saw these pictures near each other on my computer I saw the pictures worked much better as a panorama. However since I did them handheld I lost some of the pictures when they were stitched together.
Very interesting indeed! I like to do software stitching of digital images, but to do the same with film shots... I don't see myself taking 100+ film exposures, scanning them and than stitch them :eek: But two or 3, I can still manage that ;)

Once digitized, there is actually no difference between combining digital images and digitized film.

Back