Walking around a port

Shab

Well-known
Local time
10:11 PM
I like to walk around the port with my camera. So I've thought to share the pictures I make in this thread. If you want to share yours it will be beautiful.

Here we go:

med_U28593.1643636188.0.jpg
X-T3 + XF23mm 1.4

Nan-fang-ao Fish Port, Yilan County, Taiwan/ 南方澳 漁港

images by Taipei-metro

Canon EOSRebel T4i
Canon 18-55 (#1-3)
media by Transcend Taiwan

New lens, Canon 50mm LTM F/1.8, Leica M9, f/8.0, 1/64, ISO 200, sharpening added to offset degradation of posted image.

The "sticks" in the photo are pilings and they are preserved by the brackish water. Pull them up and you cannot replace them. EPA regs. Back when 40 - 60# salmon swam upriver to spawn the pilings held fish processing plants. The racism was such that an automatic fish skinning machine was called "The Iron Chink." The KKK flourished here, too. We like to think we have progressed some. But back to the pilings, as long as they are there they can be built upon so no one pulls theirs up, hoping that there will be a commercial renaissance that builds again out onto the river.

The moored ships are in the Astoria Anchorage where the freighters await their spot at an upriver dock to take on cargo like grain or soybeans. The "Ro-Ro's, the car carriers, do not wait, ever. Time is money in a big way for those fellows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Port View.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	4769519

img_9330.cr2.small.jpg

Harbour pier, Björlanda kile, Göteborg, Sweden. Mars 2020.
Canon EOS 30D, Canon EF 85mm/1.8 at 1/500 sec, f/8 and ISO 100.
Link to image.

Shab, I just love the way you have things partially in the shot, the boats, a person, buildings. It gives the image a more mysterious mood.

Back