Walking around a port

The Triangle Tavern. A decade or so it was famous for "Queer Night" on the first Tuesday of the month. Astoria has become more relaxed and the LBTGQ citizens are out in the open just like the straights. Otherwise it is just another harbor gin joint with plenty of local trade arriving by foot or by boat. That is the Astoria - Megler Bridge alongside. Life in bustling, trendy and ever so chic Astoria.

Leica M9, Canon 50mm LTM f/1.8, f/5.6, 1/60, ISO 400

https://flickr.com/photos/sandynoyes...3999/lightbox/

Last edited:
Walking around the Port he is

Nan-fong-ao Fish Port, Taiwan/ 南方澳 漁港, 台湾

a Taipei-metro Image

Canon Rebel T4i
Canon 18-55

Xabier you process your digital photos with such tasteful restraint. How?

I process my files in LR.

When I'm going to make the photographs I measure the light to be the histogram in the right place. Then I process it in LR. And finally I put the bordes in PS.

Sometimes, when the picture has very complicate light(s), I work in PS by layers.

I think each step is important.

And when I'm processing my files I listen to Sibelius or Bruckner! It makes me work in a different way... (it's a small joke, but at the same time it's true for me).

Shab, I agree that being near the water stirs something deep inside. Your image presentions above are very nice. Quite elegant.

I used to add borders in PS but lately have been adding them in the LR print module and outputting jpegs from there. I think I prefer it because the original image isn't affected and there's only one file. I've got print presets for all my normal output sizes and aspect ratios.

John

51857262452_9d35216d4a_c.jpg

Ice Fishing, DuSable Harbor, Chicago | Rolleiflex 3.5F | Tri-X

Shab, I agree that being near the water stirs something deep inside. Your image presentions above are very nice. Quite elegant.

I used to add borders in PS but lately have been adding them in the LR print module and outputting jpegs from there. I think I prefer it because the original image isn't affected and there's only one file. I've got print presets for all my normal output sizes and aspect ratios.

John

Ice Fishing, DuSable Harbor, Chicago | Rolleiflex 3.5F | Tri-X

Thank you John! And yes, I "need" to be near the Sea... and love it!

U28593I1609968061.SEQ.0.jpg
Getaria [Leica M5 + Voigtander 35mm 1.7 VM Ultron]

U28593I1613331549.SEQ.0.jpg
Sweeden [2014] - Olympus OM-1n + Zuiko OM 24mm 2.8 + Orange Filter

Attachments

• med_U28593I1613331549.SEQ.0.jpg
    med_U28593I1613331549.SEQ.0.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice pictures Xabier and good thread idea. Here's my contribution, some pictures around Sydney harbour.

IIIc Summicron 5cm f2 collapsible LTM. HP5+ in Fomadon LQN

31801197354_79c71a1d83_b.jpg

morning fog, Sydney harbour 2016 #014 by lynnb's snaps, on Flickr

Agfa Isolette I Agnar 85mm f/4.5 Kodak Portra 160NC bw conversion in LR4.

24776223348_f365d93dd9_b.jpg

Bradleys Head lighthouse, Sydney harbour 2011 #769 by lynnb's snaps, on Flickr

Nice pictures Xabier and good thread idea. Here's my contribution, some pictures around Sydney harbour.

IIIc Summicron 5cm f2 collapsible LTM. HP5+ in Fomadon LQN

morning fog, Sydney harbour 2016 #014 by lynnb's snaps, on Flickr
Agfa Isolette I Agnar 85mm f/4.5 Kodak Portra 160NC bw conversion in LR4.

Bradleys Head lighthouse, Sydney harbour 2011 #769 by lynnb's snaps, on Flickr

Thank you Lynn! I love your pictures also! The first one is special, with the fog...

Nan-fang-ao Fish Port, Yilan County, Taiwan/ 南方澳 漁港

images by Taipei-metro

Canon EOSRebel T4i
Canon 18-55 (#1-3)
media by Transcend Taiwan

Tapei I like the second from this serie... It does me to think about the women in the shadows.. thanks for sharing!

Back