Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

We went to the Pola Art Museum in Hakone to view the Tsuguharu Foujita art exhibition (paintings, not photography).

Why is this a photography related weekend plan? Two reasons.

One - I find paintings to be inspirational for my photography because painters get to paint what they want to see not what they actually see. When I see their artistic work I feel inspired. I want to create photographs that somehow convey the same feelings despite being restricted to the reality of what is in front of my lens.

Two - Foujita, a Japanese man, had an interesting history, traveled to France after WWI to study art and became famous because of his milky white skin color technique and then went on to travel the world looking for inspiration and he also took many photographs during his travels.

Anyway, It was a fantastic weekend!

All the best,
Mike

The weekend was completely overcast & snowy, but monday has dawned beautifully. Will take some photos with the 8 element replica.... process the film and make some prints.

We were lucky with the weather last weekend. Even though it rained during some parts of Saturday and Sunday, our road trip from Thursday-Sunday took us from Pensacola to Tallahassee, Gainesville, Tampa and then back to Pensacola. It was not raining on us. I used my phone for some photography.

We went to the Pola Art Museum in Hakone to view the Tsuguharu Foujita art exhibition (paintings, not photography).

Why is this a photography related weekend plan? Two reasons.

One - I find paintings to be inspirational for my photography because painters get to paint what they want to see not what they actually see. When I see their artistic work I feel inspired. I want to create photographs that somehow convey the same feelings despite being restricted to the reality of what is in front of my lens.

Two - Foujita, a Japanese man, had an interesting history, traveled to France after WWI to study art and became famous because of his milky white skin color technique and then went on to travel the world looking for inspiration and he also took many photographs during his travels.

Anyway, It was a fantastic weekend!

All the best,
Mike

I did not know about Tsuguharu Foujita, goggled a research and found hs work much interesting, and as you say isnpiring. Thanks for the link :)

And about myself no active photography last week end...

Time goes by quickly sometimes, and a week is gone! It is Sunday, and we have good weather here in Pensacola. Yesterday, I had some Cappuccino with my wife, while parking at Joe Patti's Seafood market. I used the M10 with the Nikkor-w 35/1.8 to take some snapshots. Just posted some of the images at RFF.

How has your weekend been so far?

Today (saturday here) it was a short urban walk with the almost 10 years old Leica X1 !
See photos in the galllery.
Tomorrow not sure what to do: forecast is for cloudy day followed by a few days with much rain. I m planning for a mini project about life in rainy days (!) to be done with film.
Already inserted new batteries in the M7, now to decide if B&W (probably) or colour.
It's only an idea by now...

Your X1 in your hands can still do magic, Rob.
I am "cleaning up" my camera gear by emptying a closet and then I have to put back all the lenses. In this process I succeeded in finding a misplaced M 4/3 lens or two. I have found the Panasonic Summilux 25mm/1.4 and the Olympus zoom 14mm-42mm. I have the first version zoom and not the "improved" one.

We have sunny weather day after day. I am not complaining.

Robert's Images:
https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3692/U3692I1621703617.SEQ.0.jpg
https://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffgallery/gallery/3692/U3692I1621703535.SEQ.0.jpg

Spring has arrived here in northern Michigan, and two apple trees on our property have gone nuts with flowers this year. I yanked out my old Canon FL 50/3.5 macro and have been taking closeup flower pics. I marvel how good that lens is (on my Leica M240).

Jim B.

Hi Jim. Do you use LiveView with the M240, and do you use Canon Adapter B plus ltm-M adapter?

Yes to both questions. I also have an electronic viewfinder (Olympus) that I slide into the hot shoe. I then enable live view and use "focus peaking" to focus as I look through the viewfinder. Works well.

Jim B.

The M10 requires the costly Typ 020 EVF. I still have not convinced myself to get one.

You don't need the viewfinder, you can use the back screen to focus with live view. You can even increase the magnification to make focusing easier. I use the viewfinder because I bought one cheap, from KEH. There are times I shoot without it, when using my Canon FL/FD lenses on my M240.

Jim B.

My photo plans are to finish the few frames I have left of the 120 film I have in my Welta Weltax, and to finish the few frames I have left on my 110 tiger 200 film, then to see if the "X" setting on the Minolta 110 slr mk2 really is Mechanical as it says in the manual. Although it also says the shutter has an electromagnetic release, so I'm presuming what they mean by "mechanical" is actually "unmetered". I'll be taking the batteries out and and pressing the shutter button AND then using a cable release to see what happens.

Update: The "Mechanical" flash sync setting of "X" (1/125), on the 110 zoom slr mk2 is NOT mechanical in the proper sense as I undeerstand it, as the shutter wouldn't fire with no batteries in. I didn't think it would as the Release described as "electromagnetic".

I didn't manage to finish the 120 film that is in my weltax. I had to use my gossen f light meter to double check the meter on my ricoh 500gx, which had seemed to be playing up a little bit, which entailed fiddling with the film speed on the gossen and now I can't remember what film I've got in the Weltax, so I'm going to have to guess the speed I should set the meter to! lol. That's a bit of a problem when you have 9 cameras and only 3 of them have any useable way of noting the film speed.

What have you been up to during the last weekend?
I was away in San Francisco with the family, and I may have taken a total of 1000 snapshots with the iPhone and my two m 4/3 cameras.

Let's keep this thread active.

Share your activities here!

I am looking forward to use my Leica cameras again, though. While using the phone and m 4/3 cameras is practical, using a Leica RF camera is somehow special.

I am learning Photolab 4 (using the free trial) to use the deep prime noise reduction on my Panasonic GX9.

So far it is looking pretty effective. I usually use Capture One., but the upgrade costs are getting ridiculously expensive.

Too hot here to go out better to stay home with ac :)
I'll print a few small size copies of the photos on which I'll paint on with watercolour . It is an idea I would like to develop but still in a very preliminary stage.
And I'll follow and practice a couple of tutorial about InDesign, a program I would like to be able to use without many problems....

I’m finalizing work on a solo exhibit which will open July 2 here in St. Louis,MO, in the Nancy Spirtas Kranzberg Gallery. Titled “Through A Glass, Darkly”, it features 56 images exploring the topic of climate change. The exhibit will run thru September 6, 2021, and is open daily.

If you’re in the St. Louis area I invite you to drop by.

Mark

Well, lessee:

After a delightful walk with my Leica CL the other day, netting about 11 photos I decided to render, and have posted one of (a couple more to come), I loaded up the Polaroid SLR670a with a pack of 600 color and took it on a cycle ride yesterday morning, a walk yesterday afternoon, and another walk this morning. That used up the pack and I have 8 nice photos to decide what to do with—this latest batch of Polaroid 600 Color packs have been very amazing good on color and overall look, getting right close to the Fuji Instax again finally. Also, on both walks, I snapped around a bit with the iPhone 11 Pro using the ShakeIt! Photo camera app, which nets a rendered Polaroid simulation, and got a dozen snaps that I like out of that too.

A remarkably productive weekend, I think. It'll take me a few days to figure what to do with these riches. :D

G

Back