Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

WOW! Thanks for updating this thread. Your photos look very nice indeed.
We had a change of temperatures from the upper 30'sF to lower 70'sF within the last two days.
It has been raining since last night.
I am unsure what to do photographically.
Our final exam week starts on Monday, and I have been setting up my computer programs to be prepared for grades entry after I grade all exams the coming days. No much fun!

A rare sunny December day in Northern Michigan (though cold), so a chance for me to try out my new $7.50 (mint) Olympus 75-150 telephoto lens I bought for my OM-1. Going up to Lake Michigan with a roll of Eastman 5222-XX film.

Jim B.

50 Shades of Grey, not just a controversial movie some time back but an apt description of what is happening here in Astoria. My phone says it is 50F outside and that seems about right. I have to go out later so will pack along a camera. It will be shot in color but look mono. Winter in Astoria.

At least 50 shades of grey. I did not get out. My back door instead. The ship, the Swift Responder is at anchor having replaced the similar Oregon Responder. The seagulls are doing picket duty on the wharf and not much else. I may have to take a phenobarb to calm down.

B0001569rff.JPG

Had a operation on Friday for a hernia, went well, but have to chill in front of TV binging in netflix. Not bad as it's snowing outside and the effects of the general anaesthetic are still ongoing and downstairs is really sore. Mulling over whether to get a Vito ii/retina or a second contax/Kiev body. I have plenty of time to think about it.

Had a operation on Friday for a hernia, went well, but have to chill in front of TV binging in netflix. Not bad as it's snowing outside and the effects of the general anaesthetic are still ongoing and downstairs is really sore. Mulling over whether to get a Vito ii/retina or a second contax/Kiev body. I have plenty of time to think about it.

A Vito II was my first 35mm camera back around 1954. My father bought it for me in Willoughby's, an old NYC camera store. It is also my icon as you can see. Good camera, good lens. And I still have slides from it taken when back when.

Get well soon. At east before Netflix runs out of movies. ;o)

A Vito II was my first 35mm camera back around 1954. My father bought it for me in Willoughby's, an old NYC camera store. It is also my icon as you can see. Good camera, good lens. And I still have slides from it taken when back when.

Get well soon. At east before Netflix runs out of movies. ;o)
Is it really as pocketable as people say it is?

At least 50 shades of grey. I did not get out. My back door instead. The ship, the Swift Responder is at anchor having replaced the similar Oregon Responder. The seagulls are doing picket duty on the wharf and not much else. I may have to take a phenobarb to calm down.

Nice backyard you have there. Must be wonderful to observe through the seasons.

I wish you a complete and quick recovery!

Yesterday I walked downtown to finish a roll of HP5+ in my M2.

I've been photographing this lifeguard chair at our community pool for decades, in all seasons and lighting. It's become like this entity or being to me, and I always check it out when downtown with a camera. Of course, the pool is closed now and will soon be frozen over.

Our city pool is actually a huge old rock quarry that the town converted in the early 1900s. It sits next to the DuPage River, which keeps it full. Swimming in it is more like a pond or small lake experience than a pool.

I have to shoot the chair through a chainlink fence that surrounds it. Or over the fence through strings of barbed wire. Since I started, dense, high shrubs have grown at the fence, but I push through. It gets more challenging every year.

I tried Pan's 1:50 HC-110 dilution this time., but at 9 minutes, rather than 8. Not sure I see much difference from my standard H dilution, but a little less time and fewer agitations is good.

Centennial Beach, Naperville, IL by John Wolf, on Flickr

Nice backyard you have there. Must be wonderful to observe through the seasons.

Funny. The Pacific Northwest has two seasons: raining and not raining. LOL

Yes, I do enjoy the view. I bought the little cottage for that reason. And I go down the hill to wander the wharves and boatyard to see what I can put the camera before. It is a working port of modest means. Fishing mostly. And we get all the commercial traffic up and down the Columbia passing my door. I can easily tell how the economy is doing. It is glowing right now in the sunshine, but the sunshine will not last.

Yesterday I walked downtown to finish a roll of HP5+ in my M2.

I've been photographing this lifeguard chair at our community pool for decades, in all seasons and lighting. It's become like this entity or being to me, and I always check it out when downtown with a camera. Of course, the pool is closed now and will soon be frozen over.

Our city pool is actually a huge old rock quarry that the town converted in the early 1900s. It sits next to the DuPage River, which keeps it full. Swimming in it is more like a pond or small lake experience than a pool.

I have to shoot the chair through a chainlink fence that surrounds it. Or over the fence through strings of barbed wire. Since I started, dense, high shrubs have grown at the fence, but I push through. It gets more challenging every year.

I tried Pan's 1:50 HC-110 dilution this time., but at 9 minutes, rather than 8. Not sure I see much difference from my standard H dilution, but a little less time and fewer agitations is good.

Centennial Beach, Naperville, IL by John Wolf, on Flickr

I have a couple of things I chronicle, too. They draw me. They may bore the rest of the world but not me. That's my crazy. ;o)

Visited a small antiques fair in one of the old fortress cities nearby. Filled up a roll that had been in my Leica IIIg since early November.

It was another "dog interlude" weekend for me. Having problems with my back (always) and walking/standing so I don't get far from the house these days...or the car if I do manage a short trip. Just brushed out Christie's coat and I stuck a wide angle lens in her face and tried to get her to pay attention. Not sharp but sharpness is a...well, you know.

_XPB0023-Edit-2-2.jpg

It was another "dog interlude" weekend for me. Having problems with my back (always) and walking/standing so I don't get far from the house these days...or the car if I do manage a short trip. Just brushed out Christie's coat and I stuck a wide angle lens in her face and tried to get her to pay attention. Not sharp but sharpness is a...well, you know.

View attachment 4829855
Love this intense portrait!

Back