Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

Just back from a local camera show where for the grand total of $18 (incl. admission) I found a spare take-up spool for the Contax, a Fujimoto enlarger, and a Fuji enlarger lens. Fondled a lot of neat cameras, too, but managed to remain strong. Mostly because FSU gear was scarce. Except for one gold-plated monstrosity, there were no FEDs or Zorkis to be seen, but I did play with a number of Kievs and even one Leningrad.

It rained all day yesterday, but it cleared up this morning and everything was sparkly and bright when the sun broke through the clouds.
So I went for a walk up the hill with the old oak wood clumps and shot some plus-x on my M6 and 21mm C-Biogon.

30 rolls of plus-x left in the fridge and 40 short rolls on their way ... then that's it.

Dave: Barnacks show up for less than $300 here and there. I like using a Barnack only occasionally since I have cameras that are more practical for use.

There's a nice IIIB in the Classifieds right now ;)

Upcoming weekend...Photographica Fair in Houten....Unfortunately my disposable income has been disposed of :(

It is Veterans Day weekend in the USA.
The weather is wonderful in Pensacola. I am looking at a blue sky without any clouds (no great), but we have colder weather. It is about 53F now. It was 40F an hour ago.

I will pick up 8 rolls of scanned film today, so I will have some editing to do,

What are you planned activities for this weekend?

I got some great images .... but the memory card froze up with CARD ERROR!, and now I have no images from the shoot! What a bummer.

Another weekend, another attempt to get a darkroom set up... Foiled by the freak snowstorm two weeks ago, and last weekend we were driving back from our escape location.

I also have a roll to finish in a modest classic Voigtländer (Vitoret DR). Something should present itself where my wife wants to buy a chainsaw, somewhere in NH.

Any actual photography is out for me this weekend because I had basal cell cancer removed from my nose two days ago, and my nose is still swollen and sore such that I can't hold a camera up to either eye, nor wear my glasses.

So I am going to read about photography, including finishing reading the book by Roger Hicks, "Successful Black and White Photography, A Practical Handbook" which I found at the Half Price Books store recently.

I'll be out shooting my $100 Rolleiflex. I got it at the auction site advertised as non-working. Surprisingly enough it seems to work fine, and my first test roll came out pretty well. I will shoot a few more rolls over the weekend, and post some results next week.

bless you, sreed.

i'll be continuing to exercise the x100. i may go to the city in the morning to look for some lines in our clarifying autumn light ...

I plan to shoot a roll of Plus-X for the tribute W/NW Darren started in the bessa R. I have two rolls to develop & scan. One from a trip to Old Salem last Sunday afternoon. Also have two rolls of C-41 process film to send off to the lab.

I suppose I'll take the F5 or 67II with me, but the big deal this weekend - driving a couple hours each way to pick up a Beseler 45MXT!! Yeah, it needs a few pieces, but I've been wanting to go 4x5.......

next weekend prediction - 4x5 camera hunting

This weekend I'm selling some gear. Anyone here who lives in EU and would like to buy a Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED?

Thank you, Paul. I am doing well overall, It's just that I cannot take pictures like I really, really want to :( until the nose heals up some more.

The Flickr Group "North Texas Film Photography" is having a get-together at Central Market in Dallas, Texas, on Sunday November 13, from 2:00 to 3:00 PM for a "Rare Treasures Show & Tell." I plan to go and take a Yashica 44 and Rolleicord Model 1, and maybe a Yashica 24 (a 220 roll-film camera) with the rare 120 accessory back.

Anyone is invited who wants to show and see some film photography gear, and there's a film shoot afterwards, so if you are in the area, head on over. :D

Take care Sid. I wish you a total recovery, and quickly so that you can return to what you love to be doing.

Last edited:
I doubt I'll be shooting this weekend but I just developed two rolls of 120..
Neopan 400 & Acros 100...separately but both in Rodinal 1+50...
I also have about 5-7 rolls hanging that need to be cut and filed...:bang:

Back