Weekend Photography Plans: What are you up to?

It's weekend again!

What will you be up to "photographically"?

I may try out the Spiratone 35mm 1.8 and a MF folder!

In between studying for finals, I'll be playing with an OM-1n with 135mm lens. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed long focal lengths since giving them up when I sold my K1000 five years ago. I find rangefinders useless for anything beyond 50mm. Maybe it's just my eyes. Dunno.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention it, Raid: come tomorrow night, I'll be in your fine state, burning a lot of film for my Nephew's graduation from Florida State in Gainesville. Would be neat if a meet-up was possible, but I forget just where in Florida you reside. Possibilites? :)

I'll be heading back Monday night.

- Barrett

Funny you should mention it, Raid: come tomorrow night, I'll be in your fine state, burning a lot of film for my Nephew's graduation from Florida State in Gainesville. Would be neat if a meet-up was possible, but I forget just where in Florida you reside. Possibilites? :)

I'll be heading back Monday night.

- Barrett

Hi Barrett,
I wish we could meet, but I live at the extreme western part of north florida. It takes 6 hours of fast driving to Gainesville [one way].

Enjoy your stay!

I think I'll be going to the Chino Air museum on Sunday morning to photograph some old planes. I need to test out my Yashica Mat 124g, but I'll be bringing along my RC with a variety of color and B&W films.

I’ve wedged a small piece of wooden toothpick (removable) in front of the frame-line actuator of my cle. This allows for the 40mm frame-lines to appear when my 35mm c-biogon is mounted. Lens flange presses against the toothpick which in turn presses against the frame-line actuator. For the times that I use the viewfinder this should assist in composition. I’m gonna test it out this weekend.

I used a Canon P with a Minolta W-Rokkor 21mm 4.0 today, plus I tried out for the first time a Komura 105mm 3.5. Life is good.

What are you up to this weekend?

Coming off my Floridian odyssey last weekend (largely fun!), I'm continuing to explore the intricacies of my new-to-me Contax Tvs, which I'm getting one hell of a kick out of. This pocket camera kicks, much moreso than I expected. Concrete evidence forthcoming.

Edit: Raid, I'm glad you finally got that lens to have a go with. Will we see results shortly?

- Barrett

Last edited:
Coming off my Floridian odyssey last weekend (largely fun!), I'm continuing to explore the intricacies of my new-to-me Contax Tvs, which I'm getting one hell of a kick out of. This pocket camera kicks, much moreso than I expected. Concrete evidence forthcoming.

Edit: Raid, I'm glad you finally got that lens to have a go with. Will we see results shortly?

- Barrett

Hi Barrett,
I hope that you enjoyed your Florida visit.

I have completed one roll with the W-Rokkor 21mm 4.0 today, and I take another roll tomorrow with the lens.

Shooting my daughter's graduation from college and from 120k of my cash. M8 plus summilux 50, Elmarit 90/2.8, Zeiss21/2.0 and Crom 35/2 ASPH...

We have city elections here in North Miami. Election day is Tuesday but we've had "Early Voting" at the library the last few days plus campaign parties at various restaurants and candidate's houses and I've been shooting lots of pictures with my Bessa L and the 15mm Heliar using Kodak Gold 200, having a blast, and posting some on my blog every day. I now have a year's supply of shirts with candidate's names on them. There's bound to be a run-off for two of the seats, which means more parties and free food for a couple more weeks. The best part is having them vying for the opportunity to pose with Monkette, my toy monkey, and getting to appear on http://thepriceofsilver.blogspot.com

I spent the day stripping paint of our house's woodwork. Now Im about to make a stiff drink and head into the darkroom for the night. Brunch with the in -laws tomorrow and then hopefully some shooting with my FS-1

Dare I say I am not planning on any photography this weekend. Now that my two photography exhibits are up and have opened here in Sacramento (architecture at one venue and Italian Vespa and Lambretta scooters at another) my creative juices are dried up a bit. I have a third show opening July 11 so need to decompress a bit and then pull that one together. So, I am a little burned out on shooting. However, given the 100 deg F temps this weekend, I am inside listening to jazz and exercising cameras (Canon rangefinders are next in line). I know that doesn't count but that is where I am at right now.

And let me say this is my favorite ongoing thread at RFF. Thanks Raid. This thread single-handedly gives me a strong sense of community with all of you.

Thanks, Bob.

Good luck with your multiple shows.

I also like this thread. It is simple to respond to.Everyone does something each weekend. That "something" could be "nothing", but is some thing to us.

Tomorrow, I will meet up with Robin [BikerRobin] who seems to be the only other RFF I know about in the Pensacola greater area. He has film, he wrote me! This means photography will be done tomorrow.

Dwayne's Photo charges the same amount for 220 film scans as they do for 120 film. I dug up a 220 back and some 220 film.

Last edited:
We have Memorial Day Weekend in the USA. What are you up to photographically ?
I may go with the Canon 19mm 3.5 and 50mm 1.5 and 85mm 1.5. Film will be Kodak 100UC.

Let's see: I'm on the Graduation Circuit again, this time a good deal closer to home than several weeks ago (Poughkeepsie, NY...merely a long-ish train ride, and no need to request a hand-inspection! ;)). Weather forecast for Sunday here is a bit iffy: 50% chance of rain here in Gotham, 30% up there (so far...). Packing mostly Kodak BW400CN and Portra 400NC (see this thread for details). Once again packing the whole Hexar kit, the Contax Tvs, and maybe even the Leica M2 (late-breaking news: the M2's shutter is just fine, no leaks or hiccups in spite of that creased trailing shutter curtain!). Even if it doesn't rain, lighting conditions will likely be lower-contrast overcast. We'll see how it goes.

- Barrett

Last edited:
Let's see: I'm on the Graduation Circuit again, this time a good deal closer to home than several weeks ago (Poughkeepsie, NY...merely a long-ish train ride, and no need to request a hand-inspection! ;)). Weather forecast for Sunday here is a bit iffy: 50% chance of rain here in Gotham, 30% up there (so far...). Packing mostly Kodak BW400CN and Portra 400NC (see this thread for details). Once again packing the whole Hexar kit, the Contax Tvs, and maybe even the Leica M2 (late-breaking news: the M2's shutter is just fine, no leaks or hiccups in spite of that creased trailing shutter curtain!). Even if it doesn't rain, lighting conditions will likely be lower-contrast overcast. We'll see how it goes.
- Barrett

I apologize that this is off topic, but Barrett, do you happen to be headed to Vassar? I ask, as a graduate of 2000.

Back