Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I collect RFs only

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I collect only one type/make of RF

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Zeiss uber alles !

Zeiss uber alles !

I am not collecting cameras but I have got many that I keep on using even the old ones. The only that I have but having done no film with them are moskva 5 and contaflex. Nearly all my cameras are in a way connected to Zeiss and born in the 50's.:p :rolleyes: :eek: :angel:

I don't collect cameras. I collect cigar boxes. I also collect debt (incurred in my photographic pursuits).

I don't collect cameras for the collecting bug. I get interested in a certain kind of camera and don't know when to quit being interested. I have Retinas, Zeiss folders, Nikon RF, Contax RF, Nikon F,F2,F3,F4,F5, and most nikkors. I have 4x5 views and speeds, I have Rollei TLR, and Rollei 35se's. I also collect Tube radios from the 20's through the 1950's, (over a 150) including several Zenith's both TO and others. I also collect Art Nouveau clocks, and victrola's . I realize this is sick and I hope to collect therapist some day to help me with NAS. :bang:

What do you collect

What do you collect

reading these posts got me to thinking. Although I'm not a collecter now in the past I have collected, sold and traded mechanical wristwatches gold and other wise with exciting radioactive radium dials, pocket knives, estate briar pipes from the early 1900s, not a few camera's and lenses.
I do not collect now. It got to where the possessions possessed me and that's intolerable! So, I dispossessed myself of most everything and am a much happier old man and a hell of a lot freer human being. I have one more camera to divest myself of and I'll only have my nikon fe and my yashica 35gsn. I only carry my gsn. I may give my fg to my grand daughter..
geezer aka dennis

I having trying all my life on collecting money.... so far, I keep trying with no such luck... the cameras (NAS, GAS, XXXAS) just makes it worst!

Any thoughts Ladies and Gentlms!? Hmmm?! Any?!

xayraa33 said:
I started to collect images of the 1871 Paris Commune.
Oh really! I've got a book of engraving by AP Martial (Adolphe-Martial Potemont) that should interest you: Paris pendant le siège - Paris sous la commune - Paris incendié. I don't think you can find it; anyway, I can scan some engraving if you're interested.
Best,
Marc-A.

Marc-A. said:
Oh really! I've got a book of engraving by AP Martial (Adolphe-Martial Potemont) that should interest you: Paris pendant le siège - Paris sous la commune - Paris incendié. I don't think you can find it; anyway, I can scan some engraving if you're interested.
Best,
Marc-A.

that book would be very interesting Marc,although I am more interested in the photos right now.
The McCormick Library collection is something that I envy very much, but
by good fortune it is availabe to view online.

http://www.library.northwestern.edu/spec/siege/landscapes.html

I collect pre 1900, 4x5 and smaller, American made wood cameras.

See antiquecameras.net

Best,
Dan

web232.jpg

I dont collect I aquire collecting has purpose ie an aim, all OM Olys or M leicas, I just get cos I want to have a go, I must resist a large format.

My goal is to have at least one napkin from every fast food restaurant.

My collection is quite eclectic. I don't limit myself to the famous national
chains; I also try to get all the locals and one-offs. Whenever I travel
collecting new and different napkins is always a highlight of my trip.

One requirement I have imposed on myself is that these napkins
must be obtained only at the drive-thru window, so places without
a drive-thru don't qualify. I must insist on this. Know what I mean?

One time my daughter used one of my most prized, irreplaceable
examples (the place has since closed). Boy was I mad, but it didn't
come to physical violence, well not bad anyway. Suffice it to say she
knows better now not to wipe up a spill with one of my prize napkins.

I keep my collection in my car's glove compartment.

Chris

I appear to collect film. I haven't counted since last purchase, but with bulk rolls (counting as 18 24 exposure rolls) I have a hell of a lot.

Animal figures from countries that I have visited. I have a few dozen, most of them made of wood, but also several carved from stone. Also, photographs that are important to me, but not to anyone else.

I collect Leica cameras. I now have . . . well, aproximately one.

I reasoned with my reasonable wife that I could no longer use my Canon 1D,II kit both for work and and for travel/fun, and that an M8 and 4 Voight lenses were cheaper than back surgery. Besides, my other choice for 65th birthday present was dinner at Chuck E. Cheese and a round of miniature golf.

Just got home with my lenses couple of hrs ago and started my Leica portfolio. Included here is the obligatory cat photo just to show my serious intentions.
Martin

Attachments

• Z-cat.jpg
    Z-cat.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 0
While I have a lot of cameras (more than 20)... and a dozen Nikon's, I don't collect (well, my wife says otherwise.. but she call it "junk") I just used them in some moments of my life... and kept them... the Nikon's get more use every day... S's, SLR's or DSLR's.. even a Kiev 19 (Nikon F mount) got some use last weekend...
None of them are pristine... in fact, some of them have a life write down on their bodies marks.... that's why I like them soo much.. I can used them every time.
They have Life!

I think I do not have enough cameras to call myself a "real" collector.

I use all my cameras so I'm very close to the limit when I have to stop buying new ones because it is almost impossible to use them all.

On the other hand there is no problem being a collector, so maybe I'll be a collector of rangefinder cameras.

well I have a bunch of old cameras I picked up when I attended Northwestern.

In the last few years I started collecting old Pentax Spotmatics, and I have just started picking up all the cameras I had growing up [anybody know where I can get some flash cubes? :D] Still need a KOWA 6, a Mamiya C330 and a Rolli 35....

oh and some Nikonos cameras. ALL are users....

Dan I've been picking up some of the camera models I used to have, or similar. I never had one that took flash cubes. What do you have that uses these?

But I have a package of flash cubes I'll send you, no charge. PM me your address, and I'll include a Kodak Instamatic too!

Back