What film developer is your favorite and why ?

My German language development ended at age eight when we moved from there back to North America. But it's weird. Lo, these many decades later, when I return to Germany, some deep neural network kicks in and within a week I am vaguely able to apprehend what people are saying and what is in the newspaper. I have to take care to not speak what little German I know, because my accent is pretty good and people assume I am a native speaker. The brain is a weird and wondrous thing. (Oh, and Chomsky was wrong about almost everything bwhahaaaaaa...)
In the mid 1990’s I worked in the AI Lab at MIT (doing language design for concurrent MIMD stuff … blah, blah, blah.) IIRC, on every first Thursday of the month we had faculty/staff lunches, and sometimes Noam Chomsky would attend these affairs. Here’s what I recall about him: he never talked about grammars, or theoretical linguistics; he would, at a drop of the hat, offer any number of insights and opinions about politics.

Last edited:
Those are lovely. What was camera/lens/film format for these?
Just saw your comment. Many thanks! “Cottonwood” was made with an M6, a Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4 MC, and Delta @ 400. “Path in Winter” was made with a Leica IIIc, a red scale Elmar 5cm f3.5 with a yellow filter, and FP4+ @ 200.

Back